Grand Am GT's piss me off. - Racing Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Grand Am GT's piss me off.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:05 PM
Why is it that everytime a Grand Am Get Towed pulls up next to me they ALWAYS want to race? I've crushed so many of them that I dont even bother anymore. What's the deal with those people? I'm out looking for Mustang GT's and WRX's and these little bugs always appear. Also it seems like everyone and there Grandma is driving one. I'm assuming they think a v-6 is faster than a 4 cylinder. Anyone else annoyed by these people?

Re: Grand Am GT's piss me off.
Saturday, November 19, 2005 12:14 AM
no.

Monday, November 21, 2005 8:20 AM
it's something to do with how a car looks ,all you can do is laugh

if at first you don't succeed,you should probably give up
Tuesday, November 22, 2005 4:53 PM
Well, I'm glad I'm in the intelligent group of people that doesn't judge a book by it's cover.
Monday, December 12, 2005 12:37 PM
try an intelligent topic and we can chat
Monday, December 12, 2005 9:36 PM
Travis Kearney wrote:Why is it that everytime a Grand Am Get Towed pulls up next to me they ALWAYS want to race? I've crushed so many of them that I dont even bother anymore. What's the deal with those people? I'm out looking for Mustang GT's and WRX's and these little bugs always appear. Also it seems like everyone and there Grandma is driving one. I'm assuming they think a v-6 is faster than a 4 cylinder. Anyone else annoyed by these people?

What are you drivin' Travis? They would only piss me off if they were whooping my ass!
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 2:51 PM
I don't mind the Grand Am GTs.......cause that's what I drive. Hehe

However, I am doing,as far as know, the first Ecotec swap into one. Mine is a 2003 Grand Am GT with the SC/T package. I am swapping in a 2.2 Ecotec, the 5 speed and the computer from an 03' Ecotec Grand Am. I can't wait because I am going for BOOST!

My swap list so far is as follows:

-RSM Engine/Tranny Ecotec Mount
-Spec Stage 3 Clutch
-B&M Shifter and console mod
-RSM Billet Crank Pully
-2.2 motor out of any car I can find(lost an ebay auction on one from a Sunfire..damnit)
-LSJ Rods and upgraded pistons
-Bates Valve Springs and MLS head gasket
-2003 Grand Am 4cyl manual ECU

AND a turbo kit....doing it myself since its a "bit" of an unorthodox swap.

At the same time I will be installing the Eibach Pro Kit which is sitting in the garage along with some KYB AGX adjustable struts(not due out until this summer).

CHRIS
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 10:04 PM
They do the same to me.. Here in Erie,Pa. Everyone that pulls next to me even the eco powered one's still try to race.... But I dont....I let them go. But a few I left, One time my wife was behind me and next thing she said was me and this grand was gone racing and I left it, And it was a GT and mine was stock at the time.
Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:14 PM
If you were both stock...a cavy would NOT pull a Grand Am GT..esp. not off the line. They could be close but the cavy would need an exhaust and intake probably.

CHRIS
Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:39 PM
well like 2 weeks after i got my eco this kid in the 2005 gand am gt thought he was so fast and would wax the hell outa my car cause he supposivly had borla exhaust and he did have a ram air intake and lowered..he got about a car outa the whole well duh its an auto but when i hit about 5k rpm in 2nd i pulled up wiht him then in third i passed him i beat him by about half a car in a 1/4 mile race i have magnaflow dual exhaust at the time and that was it..

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/maxxracer23/ModdinArtSignature.gif[/IMG]

Monday, April 10, 2006 8:34 AM
Hmmmm...maybe he wasnt racing

CHRIS

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search