V8 vs. 4 banger... READY........ FIGHT!! - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: V8 vs. 4 banger... READY........ FIGHT!!
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:08 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:AGuSTiN, I don't recall him stipulating "STREET DRIVEN" anywhere in his original post. And if it resembles a Mustang and really isn't one so what? its still a V-8 and its faster
and makes more hp then ..........dare I say ANY 4 cyl that I know of. If anyone knows of a 4 cyl that makes in eccess of 5000 hp then please by all means correct me and show pics as I'd loooove to see it .

That's fine, no need to pick nits. I did say I've never met a V8 that can take my 4 banger, and its still true, though. I've never met John Force.

---

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:24 AM on j-body.org
Just messin with ya man thought you started getting all high and mighty on us thats all. I know your bikes a bad ass rocket was just trying to point out that no matter how fast ya go someones always faster.

I've met him twice, nice guy.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:39 AM on j-body.org
Yeah I was kind of a punk. Been in people-killing mood the past few days. The next post might be from county the way it's going hah

---

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:10 AM on j-body.org
Holy crap !! Why whats up ? Who pissed in your Weaties ?

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:12 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Agustin: Not many donor-cycle riders around here in the middle of winter.

Hey, it's not my fault you guys live in the cold.

Personally, on a side note, I don't know why you people live there at all. Snow sucks.

It does? well sh*t. I guess these do as well:

Hahahaha:
I call them donorcycles because most of the younger guys I know that own them drive them like irresponsible dolts, and end up leaving 8-12 pounds of ground chuck on pavement when they're being asses in the summer and forget that they're mortal.

Maybe it's just me, but I notice a lot of the crotch rocket idjits slipping onto the paved shoulder/bus lanes/splitting the lanes... I don't feel a lick sorry for one of them when they get gibbed. My mom quite nearly lost her license, and was (unsucessfully) sued by a kawasaki rider that launched himself over the handlebars into my moms rear-door after pulling a idiot wheelie-stoppie (popped a wheelie on a green light, and had to haul it down in a hurry when he realised that CARS MERGE INTO TRAFFIC). It really hit my folks hard, civil defence retainer (ie, not covered under settlement) was just under $60,000. Asswipe is still crippled, and deserves it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:27 AM on j-body.org
Damn Gam your just a ray of sunshine today aren't you? I feel the same way about the guys who drive like morons on bikes. Not all do but a large number sure do.

As for watching them wreck I was on the beltway probly a good 10 or 15 years ago when a group or organ donors came blasting by on both sides. I thought they were all gone how could I know a couple had gotten seperated and were trying to catch up ? I signaled and started to change lanes and 2 nimrods flew past me on the left went on the soft shoulder and they both wiped out. I kept right on driveing as I never came into contact with they and seeing how I was doing about 70 they had to be doing well over 100 so its all on them.

But to be fair people in cars are just as big of morons as are some bike riders.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 1:02 PM on j-body.org
^^^like some c*nt this morning who severely cut off the bus i was on driving a VW bug convertible...and this wasn't the shortbus either--this is one of the big articulating buses.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 1:07 PM on j-body.org
Oh come on Keeper rideing the short bus is nothing to be ashamed of. Did she get nailed?

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 1:18 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
I call them donorcycles because most of the younger guys I know that own them drive them like irresponsible dolts, and end up leaving 8-12 pounds of ground chuck on pavement when they're being asses in the summer and forget that they're mortal.

Us sportbikers have a term for these guys, "squids"... which is short for squishy kids.

Sorry about your mom, but the bike was just a tool of choice for the idiot using it. I'm far more afraid of the Hummers with idiot owners than the sportbikes.

And your snowmobile doesn't impress me. I'm one hour from the snow soaked peaks of the Sierra Nevada. That's whats great about California...3 hours from the Pacific, 1 hour from snow, living in the sub-desert mediterreanean (sp) climate. Leave the chains in the tool shed

---

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 1:29 PM on j-body.org
I see this thread has gone off topic, and I haven't actually read the entire thread.

Just thought I would say that neither is better.

4 cyls are more economical and are getting more powerful as time goes on.
8 cyls will always be more powerful no matter what, with the same components on both engines. Turbo a V8 it will be faster than a turbo 4 cyl.
4 cyls will almost always get better gas mileage, but will not cut it for towing, which is why v8s are slowly being phased out of passenger vehicles, but will never leave the pickup truck.

They both serve their purpose... although if a v8 produced 300 HP and so did a 4 cyl for the same price, I would still take the v8.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 3:30 PM on j-body.org
v8's just sound better

god i miss my ls1

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:38 PM on j-body.org
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:Thats like arguing whether or not left or right is better

are we talking about left or right when jacking off? orrr..... cause in that case, left wins

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com (my new NOR-CAL car club site!)

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:40 AM on j-body.org
CaliforniaCavalier wrote:
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:Thats like arguing whether or not left or right is better

are we talking about left or right when jacking off? orrr..... cause in that case, left wins

---

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:46 AM on j-body.org
I can switch hands and gain a stroke ! Being married tends to make you a pro.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:48 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:I can switch hands and gain a stroke ! Being married tends to make you a pro.

Ahhhhhh.... sensai!

---

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:24 AM on j-body.org
Nah, i wish she did--it would have given her an impromptu physics lesson...

Kinda like the girl on Faces of Death that tried to cross train tracks against the gates.

Anyhow, as for switching hands and gainin an extra stroke...who's counting?

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:28 AM on j-body.org
i grew up around muscule cars, they way i look at it, you dont wanna do anything half a$$ anything so why would you wanna half @$$ a V8 and get a 4 banger, dont get my wrong i love my two four cylinder cars but v8's have that sound, 4 clylinders can get just as much power as a v8 these days though

fully built 2200-TO4E T3/T4-HP tuners-373hp @18psi
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:32 AM on j-body.org
Keeper I have an official counter. Doesn't every one?

AGuSTiN, PFT ! I'm like a Mr. Meahgi (sp?) cept I allways say wax off.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:36 AM on j-body.org
OK, and talking about sportbikes was off-topic?!?!?

Squid means
Stupid
Quick and
Inevitably (Inadeqately)
Dead (dressed)

It also refers to their riding style. Fast in a straight line, slow in the corners... Just like the animal.

Most sportbike riders are not squids. Most motorcycle fatalities are guys in the 50s on cruiser style bikes. They have dreamed their whole life about owning a Harley, finally can afford one, get it, take no courses, do not right properly (no lane control, nothing) and end up in the back of a truck. That demographic has way more fatalities than the average (25+) sportbike rider. Under 20s on sportbikes are the next biggest group.

Helmets can prevent 37% of bike fatalities.
something like 30% of all fatalities on bikes involve alcohol.

As you can see, it's not the bikes, it's the riders.

PAX
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:30 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:OK, and talking about sportbikes was off-topic?!?!?PAX

Wait since when have we ever been able to stay on topic? You've been here how long? You should know better by now HAHA !

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:23 PM on j-body.org
Jack Hahahaha & Agustin:
I knew about squids... and the sad thing is that a lot of these guys (and girls) are old enough to know better, and have enough IQ to not try it...

I don't have a problem with RESPONSIBLE RIDERS and RESPONSIBLE DRIVERS (ie. know and abide the rules of the road)... it only takes a few dickweeds out there to eff it up for everyone else. Personally, I want to buy a Yamaha or Harley road bike, but, I'm looking for comfort, not speed.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:34 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote: But to be fair people in cars are just as big of morons as are some bike riders.

Yeah, like the kid that didn't have a license and found it okay to drive his mom's car, after all, he did have a learner's permit, and one can't learn without practice, and hit ME on my FRIEND'S BIKE when the kid ran a stop sign. Good thing it was in a residential and neither of us were going all that fast. If it'd been anywhere like a freeway or something I'd been one of the afore mentioned piles of ground chuck. Dude, my boy was ready to kill that kid. And so was I. That hurt like a sumbiotch.

Oh. I almost forgot why I came in here. The topic. Four-bangers all the way. Gimme a built 4G63 or SR20 any day.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 6:18 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
I don't have a problem with RESPONSIBLE RIDERS and RESPONSIBLE DRIVERS (ie. know and abide the rules of the road)... it only takes a few dickweeds out there to eff it up for everyone else. Personally, I want to buy a Yamaha or Harley road bike, but, I'm looking for comfort, not speed.

Being a responsible, law-abiding rider takes all the fun out of it. I have 1962 Honda that won't intimidate anyone on a newer bike, but that doesn't mean I ride like an old lady. I don't split lanes or berm ride but about everything else I do would be reason for a ticket.

And back to the topic, it's a 2 cyl, which makes enough power to make the average weed eater jealous I can wheelie and stoppie all day on my 10 speed, but my old Honda won't get the front tire off the ground, even over a speed bump. I'd get a new Sportster except for the cost of the divorce lawer would put it out of my price range.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:43 PM on j-body.org
Driving like a dick... I'd save it for a track or somewhere where you won't end up looking like the giblet mounds from the aftermath of a Quake, Counter Strike and Postal session fuelled by Red Bull, Bawls and PCP.

How have ya been John?

Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:13 AM on j-body.org
YOUR ALL WRONG a 1 litre 3cyl out of a Geo Metro is the way to go ! Who needs more then 90 horse power anyway ?!?!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search