V8 vs. 4 banger... READY........ FIGHT!! - Page 6 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: V8 vs. 4 banger... READY........ FIGHT!!
Friday, June 30, 2006 6:37 AM on j-body.org
^^^^ That was a pretty hostile comment, even for Borsty.

V8s rule.

Friday, June 30, 2006 8:26 AM on j-body.org
Cavislo "BTW my turbo is bigger than your head lol"

You're the guy that doesn't understand the relationship between HP and torque, and the guy who thinks he can outrun a supersport bike in his car..

I let you in on something.. My Turbo is also bigger than my head, my car is still 2.5 seconds slower than my bike in the quarter and runs out of steam at about 150MPH, my bike does not.

Funny, my car makes more torque and more HP than my bike.. Are you starting to understand why it cannot win that contest?

The only car to outrun my bike so far was a 650+HP Turbo Carrera, AWD. If the race was longer the bike would have caught up and passed him, we were out of track.

I notice you haven't defended your "Torque is everything" statement. Does that mean you'll stop telling people that and that you finally understand that torque is just one peice of the puzzle?

PAX
Friday, June 30, 2006 8:49 AM on j-body.org
LOL, i think you guys are funny. V8 vs I4. Hello? you do know there are I3's and V16's?

Also, fromt the first page, There have been large displacement 4 cylinder engine is the past. EXAMPLE: Great Eagle had a 5.4L 4 banger. And ive seen a 2 Litre V8.

You guys just dont get it. Its really not about Litre any ,ore, and its sure enough not about how many chambers either, its about technnology.

The V8 boys are having to look eye to eye with the I4 kids, With power to weight ratios And time slips.

You cant base an engine anymore on HP/TQ vs Piston count. It just doesnt work anymore. The average V8 Stock from factory in the US, produced 260 HP, While I4's are just shortly behind @ 240 HP, with a lighter platform, and much better fuel efficency.

Friday, June 30, 2006 11:42 AM on j-body.org
^^^ Ummm, I really don't think the average I4 is 240hp stock from the factory. You may want to reword that, or explain a little better what point you were shooting for.

**there is only one true love in my life... and my girlfriend has learned to live with it**
Friday, June 30, 2006 11:52 AM on j-body.org
^^^^^^ Thats what I was thinking maybe more like 160 or something.

Friday, June 30, 2006 5:54 PM on j-body.org
The average V8 Stock from factory in the US, produced 260 HP, While I4's are just shortly behind @ 240 HP, with a lighter platform, and much better fuel efficency.[/quote wrote:

not unless the I4 is turbocharged and to me that's cheating

Saturday, July 01, 2006 6:14 PM on j-body.org
the honda s2000 puts down 240

Saturday, July 01, 2006 6:27 PM on j-body.org
El Fuego ( the grounded one ) wrote:You cant base an engine anymore on HP/TQ vs Piston count. It just doesnt work anymore. The average V8 Stock from factory in the US, produced 260 HP, While I4's are just shortly behind @ 240 HP, with a lighter platform, and much better fuel efficency.

your a crack addict, go end you pathological lying retard life.

-Borsty
Saturday, July 01, 2006 6:38 PM on j-body.org
TheGreenMachine wrote:the honda s2000 puts down 240

and 142 trq! watch out!

-Borsty
Saturday, July 01, 2006 8:10 PM on j-body.org
i know im just saying because that guy didnt believe it. but they do run a 14 sec 1/4 not too bad...

Saturday, July 01, 2006 9:14 PM on j-body.org
oh and its 162

Saturday, July 01, 2006 9:51 PM on j-body.org
Owning 2 cars is a weird feeling, I have my Sunfire, and I have a 93 SHO taurus "The Replacement for Displacement"
The ONLY 4 poppers I have EVER lost to in the SHO are F/I 4's *Eclipse twice, and an SRT4 once (Duh) I've beaten a Turboed ZX-2 and a Turboed Ecotec Cav *Probably a terrible turbo or bad tune Took him pretty hard* While I have destroyed lightly modified Tbirds, and can take LT1 Camaro from a roll, It all depends on Where the motor's element is in.
a good example of a V-8 is the Yamaha assisted 96-99 SHO 3.4 liter V-8. 7K stock redline, Nearly invisible on the freeway, but even with only .2 liters more displacement than me it can still sound better like my buddies Mustang with Basani.
Long story short

8 cyl win because of Sound :-p
Bad gasmilage can be acheived in either car trading off for power.
More power can be traded off with either car by trading off economy Period.
Saturday, July 01, 2006 10:58 PM on j-body.org
El Fuego ( the grounded one ) wrote:LOL, i think you guys are funny. V8 vs I4. Hello? you do know there are I3's and V16's?

Also, fromt the first page, There have been large displacement 4 cylinder engine is the past. EXAMPLE: Great Eagle had a 5.4L 4 banger. And ive seen a 2 Litre V8.

Want a cookie?

FIA limits F1 cars to under 2 Litres displacement. They typically run in V8 or higher cylinder count.

Quote:

You guys just dont get it. Its really not about Litre any ,ore, and its sure enough not about how many chambers either, its about technnology.

No, it's about how much you're willing to PAY for said technology.

Quote:

The V8 boys are having to look eye to eye with the I4 kids, With power to weight ratios And time slips.
Again, dollar for dollar, mod for mod, there is only SO MUCH air and fuel you can cram into a cylinder. If you have more displacement, you have more A/F room. This isn't rocket surgery... You can get a street legal modified Corvette to go fast (or turn, take your pick) for $100,000... if you dumped the same amount of money into a I4, you'd have a nice dragster... and it'd never see open road or a powered turn. You'd have 2 cars that can do the same speed in a quarter mile (lingenfelter Corvette: 8 secs, Average NDRA , but one would drive home, the other... well...

Again, speed costs, how fast do you want to go?

Quote:

You cant base an engine anymore on HP/TQ vs Piston count. It just doesnt work anymore. The average V8 Stock from factory in the US, produced 260 HP, While I4's are just shortly behind @ 240 HP, with a lighter platform, and much better fuel efficency.

Considering that currently there less than 20 cars in North America that are produced with a V8, you're lumping in truck engines which are well out of square and biased towards torque. The S2000 makes 240hp naturally aspirated, but it also sucks down gas while it's getting to that mark, an LT1 (sorry Jinxed) will make the same power, but need a lot less RPM's, as it has the mystical Torque potion . You assume there is better fuel efficiency in an I4, but you're also neglecting gearing, driving type, driving style, the fuel itself, supplimental oxidizers etc.. etc... you're not qualifying your statement, but I shouldn't have expected so much from you.

You also have to spend more for a high stressed I-4 making 240 than you would for a low stressed V8 making 260. I'll still take a V8, given the choice. If you want an I4 for power, you need to take a hit off the TAIL pipe after you put down the crack pipe.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 2:11 PM on j-body.org
jinxeds doesnt drive an lt1 @!#$

-Borsty
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 4:40 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Cavislo "BTW my turbo is bigger than your head lol"

You're the guy that doesn't understand the relationship between HP and torque, and the guy who thinks he can outrun a supersport bike in his car..

I let you in on something.. My Turbo is also bigger than my head, my car is still 2.5 seconds slower than my bike in the quarter and runs out of steam at about 150MPH, my bike does not.

Funny, my car makes more torque and more HP than my bike.. Are you starting to understand why it cannot win that contest?

The only car to outrun my bike so far was a 650+HP Turbo Carrera, AWD. If the race was longer the bike would have caught up and passed him, we were out of track.

I notice you haven't defended your "Torque is everything" statement. Does that mean you'll stop telling people that and that you finally understand that torque is just one peice of the puzzle?

PAX

650hp lolololollololololol I hope that's to the wheels....

I'll retype the comment for you...My compressor wheel is bigger than your head lol

I havent defended myself because I rarely get on a computer to post on the boards....

I have no needs to type on the internet to defend my car.....It defends itself....

supersport bike? I said your bike...I'm sure its not a busa.

I'm that turbo V8 guy.....
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 5:00 AM on j-body.org
Busas are heavy, top speed is their claim to fame, not 1/4 mile time.

My bike being a wee little 600cc Supersport only runs mid 10s (10.4 my one and only pass on it).

The 650 is to the wheels, it's a quick car.

I looked at your profile and I don't see a car there that would be a challenge to my Talon let alone my bike.

As far as I can tell you don't even have a turbo car. You do not understand HP vs. Torque at all and I simply don't believe you about the size of the imaginary compressor. I do know about how engines work, what power is and that a compressor of that size would require good skills to get optimum power from.

Let's hear all about your awesome car. Don't leave anything out otherwise I may still not believe you.

Like I said, if you have a street driven car that runs 10s or better, more power to you, now prove it. It sure isn't a J-body. Heck, I can't think of anything short of a supercar that would be street drivable with that much power. There is John Sheppards ride, which he drove to the track until recently, but once he broke 8s I think the streetability went the rest of the way out the window. He's the only guy I know of that drove a 9 second car to the track and home again that didn't start with a $60K+ platform.

I've been tuning and racing various stuff for about 20 years now and I've seen a lot of guys like you at track side, in the stands, or online. Not one has ever managed to back up the talk, I'm betting you can't either.

PAX
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 5:09 AM on j-body.org
PS: My bike is 3.2 lbs/HP. That is pretty important if you understand the concept of power to weight ratio.

PAX
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 6:09 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Busas are heavy, top speed is their claim to fame, not 1/4 mile time.

My bike being a wee little 600cc Supersport only runs mid 10s (10.4 my one and only pass on it).

The 650 is to the wheels, it's a quick car.

I looked at your profile and I don't see a car there that would be a challenge to my Talon let alone my bike.

As far as I can tell you don't even have a turbo car. You do not understand HP vs. Torque at all and I simply don't believe you about the size of the imaginary compressor. I do know about how engines work, what power is and that a compressor of that size would require good skills to get optimum power from.

Let's hear all about your awesome car. Don't leave anything out otherwise I may still not believe you.

Like I said, if you have a street driven car that runs 10s or better, more power to you, now prove it. It sure isn't a J-body. Heck, I can't think of anything short of a supercar that would be street drivable with that much power. There is John Sheppards ride, which he drove to the track until recently, but once he broke 8s I think the streetability went the rest of the way out the window. He's the only guy I know of that drove a 9 second car to the track and home again that didn't start with a $60K+ platform.

I've been tuning and racing various stuff for about 20 years now and I've seen a lot of guys like you at track side, in the stands, or online. Not one has ever managed to back up the talk, I'm betting you can't either.

PAX

383ci....all forged ...w/T76,TH400, 3.73's,commander 950 EMS.....lol I can back it up....built...by me...and a 10 second street driven V8 is not rare...m'kay..you must not know very many people .....bring that Talon big boy.......bring that mouth and car to Troy, Ohio.

Like said....I never get on this site to post I gave up on my Cavy 1 1/2 years ago and put it back to stock. it is my DD. The TT/A is the Garage queen. I havent updated anything on this site except put a pic of the T/A in my sig....
Maybe when I make it to a GMSCO meet or a Fullthrottle meet I'll have a board member set you up with some pics of my Turbo V8......

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 6:16 AM on j-body.org
look at the Profile...last update is in March....of 2004

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 10:05 AM on j-body.org
cavislo wrote:383ci....all forged ...w/T76,TH400, 3.73's,commander 950 EMS.....lol I can back it up....built...by me...and a 10 second street driven V8 is not rare...m'kay..you must not know very many people .....bring that Talon big boy.......bring that mouth and car to Troy, Ohio.

Like said....I never get on this site to post I gave up on my Cavy 1 1/2 years ago and put it back to stock. it is my DD. The TT/A is the Garage queen. I havent updated anything on this site except put a pic of the T/A in my sig....
Maybe when I make it to a GMSCO meet or a Fullthrottle meet I'll have a board member set you up with some pics of my Turbo V8......

That thing got a motec exhaust?

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 10:20 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
cavislo wrote:383ci....all forged ...w/T76,TH400, 3.73's,commander 950 EMS.....lol I can back it up....built...by me...and a 10 second street driven V8 is not rare...m'kay..you must not know very many people .....bring that Talon big boy.......bring that mouth and car to Troy, Ohio.

That thing got a motec exhaust?

My exhaust is a custom mandrel setup made by me. tis loud tho

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 11:44 AM on j-body.org
I wouldn't bring my Talon to race that. My Talon is a daily driven 13 second car and would be an easy win for you. The bike is another story, it'd be close, provided you aren't taking out of your butt.

What kind of structural work have you don to that T/A considering the 3G F-bodies were some of the weakest ones built. Heck, anything over about 450HP and even the 1Gs need some work. Been there, done that.

Any 10 second car is fairly rare.. It's not like there's one on every corner. Street driven is more rare, say what you will, but that's a fact.

I don't do trips to the US unless forced to, sorry. I can't see my work requiring me to go anywhere in Ohio, mostly the southwest.

I'm not the one with the mouth, you are remember?

The turbo Carrera is 650WHP and it's AWD, that explains that.

PAX
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 3:37 PM on j-body.org
A single T76 seems resonable for that displacement, but how are you driving it? A single turbo on a V engine is tricky to keep in balance (same length exhaust from each bank to turbo for example).

Why not do two T30's or two large 16Gs or T28s?

How much pressure are you running?

A 383 being a "stroked" engine, how do you deal with detonation? Do you run lower compression, low boost, race gas, what?

PAX

PS: a picture of the car will not convince me, a timeslip on street tires might.
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 4:22 PM on j-body.org
i wouldnt want to run boost on a stroker, seems like it would be way to much for even a built engine streeter.

strokers seem more like an NA app.

regradless, borsty demands pictures

-Borsty
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 7:16 PM on j-body.org
Are we SEEING WHY VERSUS WAS TORPEDOED?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search