How STRONG is YOUR GOD? - Page 5 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How STRONG is YOUR GOD?
Tuesday, October 03, 2006 12:14 AM on j-body.org
what is your understanding of random?

random does not neccessarily mean %100 chaos unkown etc...

for instance the diffusion of a liquid through water. that diffussion is random however because of the properties of the liquids it will act in a very predictable fashion. the random act of diffusion is predictable.

evolution can very easily fall in to that same sort of catagory and still have no hand from a higher/supernatural being.

Creative Draft Art Media Forums

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 5:56 AM on j-body.org
God created everything to perfection the first time around so "evolving" is not necessary or needed. Remember, it takes more faith to believe in the religion of evolution than it does to believe the truth of God.

Chris Crossont
A.H.M. Performance
Baltimore, MD
http://www.ahmperformance.com
Tuesday, October 03, 2006 1:34 PM on j-body.org
last time I checked, belief in any God was called religion and evolutionary theory was called a science... and science is based on fact while religion is more supernatural... just the idea of a "God" is supernatural because you cannot see or touch him. The same idea that goes behind ghosts, there are no facts or laws but people still claim to see them. Science is based on facts and despite their being some uncertainties behind evolution, there are also some undeniable facts behind evolution...

Quote:

God created everything to perfection the first time around so "evolving" is not necessary or needed

nice segway into my next comment. The fossil record PROVES that things were not all created at the same time. Trilobites did not exist with dinosaurs and dinosaurs did not live with mastodons, just look at the fossil record and you'll see that trilobite fossils are never clumped alongside dinosaurs. Also, think of all the creatures that have been know to exist in the millions of years of the Earth's existence... the Earth could not even hope to support all of these billions of species at once (not enough resources). The evolutionary explanation of lineages evolving and dying out in response to environmental changes over time fits the fossil record. Finally, how do you explain new species appearing suddenly in the fossil record if you think they all were created at once at the beginning?

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 4:49 PM on j-body.org
ownage^

Chris Crossont wrote:God created everything to perfection the first time around so "evolving" is not necessary or needed. Remember, it takes more faith to believe in the religion of evolution than it does to believe the truth of God.

why is evolution not perfect? couldnt you say that the fact that a single celled organism billions of years ago able to evolve into billions of specie of animals and plants including ourselves humans - perfect?

if God is perfect than the must inperfect thing he could have done would have been to go through billions of specie and design them one by one and create them individually. a intelligent being seeks out the most efficient way to do something. and evolution IS the most perfect, efficient way for a life to become what it is.

so if there is a God, yoru right he did create everything perfect. -- through evolution.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 6:28 PM on j-body.org
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_1.ram
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_2.ram
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_3.ram
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_4.ram
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_5.ram
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_6.ram
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_7.ram

Watch these through before saying anything. Oh and I will add a little of my own. How would you guys explain the miracles that happen, like cancer leaving without treatment, crooked legs straightening out, eyes developing, the blind begin to see, the deaf begin to hear, the dumb begin to speak, people that were told that they can't walk the rest of their life, stand up out of their wheel chairs and start walking, legs and arms growing out, sicknesses leaving immediately without leaving a trace? It doesn't happen just like that, there must be someone behind all this and it is definitely not evolution. You guys can deny it all you want because you may have not seen it and I bet you don't want to because if there is a supreme being, a God, then there are laws, and if there are laws, then there are punishments for breaking those laws. I have studied this enough and have no doubt that there is a supreme being behind all this. How about this, scientist still are fascinated by the human brain. How it is developed, how it performs all the functions. If evolution really happened from nothing, and became something, so intelligent, so complexed, so impossible to explain, where all things serve a certain purpose, it is just impossible for it to be true. Like all those scientific theories they call facts, that were proved wrong so many times and those who prove them wrong somehow seem to disappear or die "accidently". I don't care what you guys think but I am confident with my decision.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006 8:21 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

How would you guys explain the miracles that happen, like cancer leaving without treatment, crooked legs straightening out, eyes developing, the blind begin to see, the deaf begin to hear, the dumb begin to speak, people that were told that they can't walk the rest of their life, stand up out of their wheel chairs and start walking, legs and arms growing out, sicknesses leaving immediately without leaving a trace? It doesn't happen just like that, there must be someone behind all this and it is definitely not evolution

Miracles have NOTHING to do with evolution... nothing at all. Yes there may be no scientific explanation for this, and it may be God. I am not quuestioning this stuff. But belief in evolution does not mean one does not believe in God. I believe in God and Jesus, as well as evolution. Evolution is change over time (macroevolution is change over eons). You should take a look at the theory better before you make such statements.

Quote:

I have studied this enough and have no doubt that there is a supreme being behind all this. How about this, scientist still are fascinated by the human brain. How it is developed, how it performs all the functions. If evolution really happened from nothing, and became something, so intelligent, so complexed, so impossible to explain, where all things serve a certain purpose, it is just impossible for it to be true

study more because the evidence points to evolution... there is NO evidence in existence for creation. The Bible is the only evidence creationists can give. The complexity argument is given alot by creationists and is pretty weak. The human brain did not come out of nowhere, it evolved from the brains of the simplest multicellular organisms through insects through amphibians through reptiles through mammals and through primates. It is a gradual step-by-step evolution and it had billions of years to evolve. You have no comprehension of that amount of time. Most of the chemicals in our bodies are shared with other creatures in the animal kingdom. We share 98% of our genetic makeup with chimps and a significant part even with mice!

Quote:

Like all those scientific theories they call facts, that were proved wrong so many times and those who prove them wrong somehow seem to disappear or die "accidently".

what is this, the Inquisition? when has a scientist "disappeared"? Part of science is discovering new ideas and it isn't a catastrophie is a theory is modified or even disproved... it is progression. There is plenty of scientific law that has remained the same since Aristotle!

Quote:

I don't care what you guys think but I am confident with my decision

whatever you want, it's your choice... join the close-minded few

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:57 PM on j-body.org
97turbojbody wrote:http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_1.ram
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_2.ram
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_3.ram
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_4.ram
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_5.ram
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_6.ram
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_7.ram

Watch these through before saying anything. Oh and I will add a little of my own. How would you guys explain the miracles that happen, like cancer leaving without treatment, crooked legs straightening out, eyes developing, the blind begin to see, the deaf begin to hear, the dumb begin to speak, people that were told that they can't walk the rest of their life, stand up out of their wheel chairs and start walking, legs and arms growing out, sicknesses leaving immediately without leaving a trace? It doesn't happen just like that, there must be someone behind all this and it is definitely not evolution. You guys can deny it all you want because you may have not seen it and I bet you don't want to because if there is a supreme being, a God, then there are laws, and if there are laws, then there are punishments for breaking those laws. I have studied this enough and have no doubt that there is a supreme being behind all this. How about this, scientist still are fascinated by the human brain. How it is developed, how it performs all the functions. If evolution really happened from nothing, and became something, so intelligent, so complexed, so impossible to explain, where all things serve a certain purpose, it is just impossible for it to be true. Like all those scientific theories they call facts, that were proved wrong so many times and those who prove them wrong somehow seem to disappear or die "accidently". I don't care what you guys think but I am confident with my decision.

Too much proofs of evolution to be even denied! Yeah the human brain is complex, so complex that nobody can create such a complex thing!! For the miracles... such as cancer disapearing... I know a guy who had a cancer and got rid of it... he was focusing on healing and willing to get back on his feet, that work for some people... We only use something like 10% of our brain so the explanation may be somewhere in there!!! But sure, god created everything, even man, that didn't evolved over million of years and all the skeletons of differents stage of humans are pure creations. Is it God that pushed the fish out of the water so it developped legs so it could walk???? See I can write things to counter yours... are they 100% exact... nah.. We have proof of evolution, but what about God's existence?? If that damn fish didn't wanted to take a walk, there will be no humans!!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 11:55 PM on j-body.org
actually the majority of our brain is active. the %10 thing is old. we just cant figure out what the majority of the active areas of the brain are being used for.

also this months TIME magazine the cover story reads "how we became human" we share 99% of our DNA with chimps.

evolution in no way attempts to disprove god or say there is no god. Evolution happens, period dot. it is PROVEN without a doubt. this fact should not in any way contradict any religions text.

as far as "miracles" go. as was said "miracles" have nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing with the scientific fact that is evolution.

however, my personal stand on miracles is that most are easily explainable with basic understanding of biology and chemistry. which still doesnt disprove god. you dont need miracles to prove god or have god.

most miracles are very similar to the ailment themselves. Cancer cells are rouge cells that do not carry the code to stop reproducing once a certain cell desnity occurs in a certain part of the body. so they keep multiplying and multiplying on top of eachother creating tumors and sometimes then traveling through the bloodstream to different parts of the body. most times the body can control this going on. however it is within the bodies capablities to start recognizing these rouges cells and attempt to turn on the code to tell them to stop. the cancer cells stop overly reproducing, and then they then go through the bodies natural cell lifecycle die off and the cell density in given area returns to normal.

it would be far more far fetched for it to be a instant poof of deleting the cancer cells than it would be the bodies natural ability to maintain homeostasis.

but again, that does not disprove god. if anything you could even view it as evidence of god if you like.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:11 PM on j-body.org
Evolution definitely contradicts religion. It contradicts the Bible. It has not been proven because all the proof given were just scientific theories all coming from one idea. Theories aren't neccessarily facts and there definitely is insufficient proof. Oh and please watch the first 4 video links i posted unless you are affraid to be proved wrong or have insufficient knowledge to fight for your beliefs. So many things like the age of the earth and the cabon dating accuracy is all proven to be wrong. If you want to see how, look at video 1 or click this link (unless you are scared). http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_1.ram
I can tell if you watched the video or not by your remarks and comments. cuz everything i want to say is already talked about in video 1 and it will just take too much to write. If you don't want to see the video it is your choice, but i said if you want to comment on my post you would have to watch the videos first. if not all at least the first 4.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006 11:32 PM on j-body.org
97turbojbody wrote:Evolution definitely contradicts religion. It contradicts the Bible. It has not been proven because all the proof given were just scientific theories all coming from one idea. Theories aren't neccessarily facts and there definitely is insufficient proof. Oh and please watch the first 4 video links i posted unless you are affraid to be proved wrong or have insufficient knowledge to fight for your beliefs. So many things like the age of the earth and the cabon dating accuracy is all proven to be wrong. If you want to see how, look at video 1 or click this link (unless you are scared). http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_1.ram
I can tell if you watched the video or not by your remarks and comments. cuz everything i want to say is already talked about in video 1 and it will just take too much to write. If you don't want to see the video it is your choice, but i said if you want to comment on my post you would have to watch the videos first. if not all at least the first 4.

I watched a part of it.... nothing new since like most people I've been baptized and know all this stuff!! Plus I have other things to do than wasting 1 hour (and even more if I listen to the other videos...)

Who Am I : An evolved kind of animal

What Am I doing Here : Eating, sleeping, having babies and diying just like any other life kind on earth. The only difference is that we created all those nice things to entertain us, while the only things that we really need to do is what I've mentionned in the first line...

Where I'm coming from : From my mom.... obviously

What I find funny is the fact that they try to explain things with.. nothing tangible.. I prefer to believe to things that I can see, such as skeletons of differents stages of human kind. We try to give our life a meaning while there's not really one, sure you can decide that you want to help everyone around you and be happy like that!! And like said before (that I find so true and wise) when something happen to me and don't go crying and asking God why did you let this happened, blah blah blah... I take full responsability of my life and never accuse something else for what the life do to me... It's your rights to believe in adult's imaginary friend!!! What I find strange is that people talking to non existant person end up in an asylum... but for those who believe in god it's normal.... I have sufficient knowledges to defend my beliefs, the problem is that with people like you and me, it's just like war in the middle east, it will never end since both believe they are rights!!! A snake talking.... yeah the bible is 100% true.... why the snakes stop talking??? I must agree with Hitler's statement : If you tell a lie long enough, people will end up believing it.. Which apply to the bible since it's there for so long that people believe in it!!!! Always wise to contradict yourself.... If you believe in everything written in books, you believe in a lot of things.... Proving that god exist is like trying to prove aliens existence.... we never saw them, only some wakkies that need some attention saw ufo. If they exist, I want a proof I want them to land so that millions of people saw them. Same thing for god, I want to see him and that a million of people see the same things as me. As long as I live I won't believe in things that we never saw. Yeah I know I don't see air, but I'm breathing... but that's another story, we're talking about a "person" that created everything... I can say out loud :g od show me a sign that you exist and you know what, nothing will happen, maybe I'll swallow a bug, but that's about it. I prefer to believe in life and get my explanations from science. And the carbon thing... even if someone proved that it wasn't accurate.... maybe if it only have an accuracy of 80%... it give you a good idea.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 12:03 AM on j-body.org
Just look at the dinosaurs, when the continents started to seperates, some dinosaurs of the same species, evolved differently and this evolution created new species who were better adapted to the conditions etc

Thursday, October 05, 2006 12:51 AM on j-body.org
97turbojbody wrote:Evolution definitely contradicts religion. It contradicts the Bible. It has not been proven because all the proof given were just scientific theories all coming from one idea. Theories aren't neccessarily facts and there definitely is insufficient proof.

whoa whoa there turbo. EVOLUTION is a FACT. it is PROVEN. if we are talking strictly HUMAN evolution that is not fact, but pretty close to it.

evolution as a process of life, is a hardcore fact ie undisputable and proven.

before YOU comment on anything YOU should get some basic knowledge of organic life.

Quote:

Oh and please watch the first 4 video links i posted unless you are affraid to be proved wrong or have insufficient knowledge to fight for your beliefs. So many things like the age of the earth and the cabon dating accuracy is all proven to be wrong. If you want to see how, look at video 1 or click this link (unless you are scared). http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/hovind_kent/creation/creation_1.ram

okie doke my buddy. let me go topic by topic in this mans video.

1. he says evolution has 0 scientific evidence. he says it is a theory/religion/philosophy

first of all evolution is not a theory it is fact. evolution happens it is the WAY it happens that is slightly less direct. there are two theories for HOW it happens one is through darwins natural selection or through the mendelian heredity theory. evolution as a process is not questioned, only the WAY evolution happens.

wikipedia=
In biology, evolution is the change in the heritable traits of a population over successive generations, as determined by shifts in the allele frequencies of genes. Over time, this process can result in speciation, the development of new species from existing ones.

in te simplest terms i can relate to you, everytime a child is born it is taking part in evolution. the color of your hair, dimple chin, blood type, disease, etc... are determined by the mixing of alleles between the dna of your mother and father.

this HAPPENS. it is fact. now the theory part is how. darwin says that this process of change in heritable traits when looked at over hundreds, thousands, milliosn of years would evolve a specie into a stronger specie through what is called natural selection. natural selection is that a bloodline from a child who gets the genetic traits to have sickle cell anemia will die eventually die off, because in most environments havign sickle cell anemia will make you weak. so the bloodlines with a high frequency of this trait/disease dies off and the bloodlines who dont survive. effectively making the specie as a whole stronger now that that weak trait has been evolved out.

when you look in the mirror, you have say brown hair and blue eyes and freckles because of the overall process of evolution.

-------------------

now he is saying that if you believe in evolution you are nothing. your a piece of protoplasm that happend to show up on earth.
then he says if evolution is true, there is no purpose to life.
then if evolution is true when you die, your goign ot a grave to do nothing but get recycled into a plant.
then he says evolution as an idea started with satan and the garden of eden.

now he is saying that in 15 years of teachign high school science there is not much intelligent life on this planet.

then he quotes from isaah 14:13 which is apparently the exact words from satan himself.(if the bible is the infallible inerrant word of god as so he says, why does it then have passages that are directs words from the devil himself?)

then he is describing in-depth how to get peopel to believe a lie (hmm interesting)

now descriminating on rednecks

--- for putting so much emphasis on peopel being open minded while watching the seminar he seems AWFULLY closed minded doesnt he?

EVOLUTION:
organic evolution: life starting from non living material- he says no one has a clue how that could happen

macro evolution: (his definition) when one kidn changes into another kind

he mentions that no one has ever seen a dog produce a non dog. is he insane? the process of one kind of life turnign into another could never be visible in a human life span. even in hundreds of human life span. it is an extremely slow process.

he says that dogs have a common ancsestor which would be either a coyote, wolf and he missed one which would eb the jackal. but says that common dogs are not evolutions of those they are simply variations.

does he honestly mean to say that a weiner dog is a variation of w coyote or wolf? that ludacrous and absolutely wrong. variation would be slight size color and shape differences. not completely different animal. that is small scaled evolution but in the case of dogs it is human powered selective evolution.

im actually getting EXTREMELY sick of this video it is so chock full innacurate slander and BS its not even funny.

he is now agreeing with the science of the first law of thermodynamics.

no matter can be created or destroyed.
then says there are two choices:
1. somebody made the world
2. the world made itself

he is now going on to laughably explain how fairytaleish the big bang theory is that the universe started from a singularity/dot/near nothingness

how is this ANY different than god creating everything from nothign and god being, being always and infitely forever? how is that ANY different?

----------------------

this is going to be the last part i disect because it only takes COMMON sense to expose all of the falasies in his talk.

he believes the earth BEGAN, the ENTIRE earth began 6,000 years ago.
this means EARTH itself began about 4,000 bce

there is proven science that dates a granery back to 9500bce. a granery is a structure to store and product food.

then he goes on to completely innacurately and entirely skip certain parts of the second law of thermo dynamics. why? because it would make his points moot.

----------------

anyways i am done with that bullcrap. noen of what I said controdicts God or religion. it is simply the way it is.

god could have very well been the starting force of the big bang 20 billion years ago. God could have very well designed organic life with the ability to evolve from amoeba into humans or sharks or bears over billions of years.

----------------------

if you would like me to educate you on any aspect of his talks please point out a topic and where in the video and i can show you indepth evidence on it. seriously man, i dont care what you believe in. but damn, how can you believe in something that places the beginning of the entire earth AFTER when proven buildings date back to. think carbon dating is innacurate? tell me how and i can explain to you in depth how carbon dating works and how it is accurate. it is totally accurate up to 50,000 years old and on anything that used carbon from the air ie plants animals etc...

Thursday, October 05, 2006 12:56 AM on j-body.org
Da Ghost (Qc) wrote:Just look at the dinosaurs, when the continents started to seperates, some dinosaurs of the same species, evolved differently and this evolution created new species who were better adapted to the conditions etc

but MR hovind would call that simple random variation of the same ancestry! lmao because that would make sense. random variation causing a specie to exactly adapt to the conditions they are in. riiiigghhht. its called evolution get over it. believe it, and you can STILL believe in God. its a miracle. lol

im gettign extremely close to never coming back into this thread if it turns into a BASIC scienc class where we have to explain things liek when the first PROVEN civilization exsisted or that carbon dating when done on things that CAN be carbon dated and datign back within 50,000 years is VERY accurate.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 10:06 AM on j-body.org
Evolution DOES NOT CONTADICT THE BIBLE. Even the pope says that.. Heck, over 1600 years ago (way before Darwin) it was one of the church founders (ST. AThanasius) who described what he called "created evolution". The church new about evolution long before it was ever studied by "scientists" (I put that in quotes because before the renesance the church had all of the scolars and so they were scientists of a sort).

So, one more time.. The idea of evolution comes from Christian founders in about 300AD. It actually comes from the church and definately does not contradict the Bible.

The only people on Earth that belive it does live in North America. Go somewhere in Europe and see just how stupid they think NA is for having such outdated (1600+ years outdated) ideas.

The idea of "Created Evolution" was reaffirmed by St. Thomas Aquinas.. Again, dead before Darwin was born.

Please, get over it. They are not opposing viewpoints. The argument is not if evolution exists but the mechanisms and process. The "motive" so to speak, but not the existance.

PAX
Thursday, October 05, 2006 10:38 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Evolution DOES NOT CONTADICT THE BIBLE. Even the pope says that.. Heck, over 1600 years ago (way before Darwin) it was one of the church founders (ST. AThanasius) who described what he called "created evolution". The church new about evolution long before it was ever studied by "scientists" (I put that in quotes because before the renesance the church had all of the scolars and so they were scientists of a sort).

So, one more time.. The idea of evolution comes from Christian founders in about 300AD. It actually comes from the church and definately does not contradict the Bible.

PAX

IIRC, there were HUGE protests against teaching Darwin in schools because he said "evolution" instead of "creation". If the idea of evolution has been cool with the church since 300ad, why was there such an uprising against Darwin's book?

And doesn't the bible say that God created man on the sixth day? Doesn't say that God "intelligently evolved a primate".

In another post I cited where two local Catholic schools in my neighborhood closed from low enrollment. I believe their refusal to teach anything regarding evolution was a contributing factor, as it's a symptom of a larger narrow-mindedness in the school's admin.

Please don't take this as an attack on your faith or the book you follow, I just see inconsistancy here.

Maybe in a few hundred years the same debates will happen over cures found from stem cell research, whether the church was really against it or if there was a bishop in Toledo who said it was a good idea therefore fine with the whole religion.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:25 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

The only people on Earth that belive it does live in North America. Go somewhere in Europe and see just how stupid they think NA is for having such outdated (1600+ years outdated) ideas.

More like "Go somewhere in europe and see just how stupid they think americans are....PERIOD." I find, being an american myself, that they are fully justified in that thought process...

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, October 05, 2006 2:52 PM on j-body.org
The church has not accepted evolution of Mankind. They will accept devine intervention but not evolution without God. It does say God made man from dirt, so take it as you will. It does not say how God made man, only that God did it.

Notice that the Bible doesn't say, God "poofed" man into existance.. He made man from the soil and dust.. There was a process.. "Making" something is in essence manufacturing, and that involves more than one step with raw material in and a product out. Again, take it however you will.

Earlier it says, "let there be light, and there was light" etc.. God did not say "let there be Man", and there was man. See the difference? Now why don't others?

Teaching Darwin would be a problem for some as Darwin suggests that everything happened through natural selection and adaptation without any of God's intervention, he specificly talks about mankind as well. To me that isn't a problem, but to some it would be. To me, I have no idea HOW God did anything, if evolution is his manufacturing porocess then great. It works, and it ensures that a species can survive in the environment provided, pretty smart really..

God planted the seeds of life and let them grow and flourish.. Even compairing us to plants as he commanded us to "be fruitful and multiply"

PAX
Thursday, October 05, 2006 3:08 PM on j-body.org
John:
While the Pope may contribute his ideas about what the bible says, it's not going to alter what the populace thinks.

Look at it like this: A person that cares enough to learn a little about a given subject would in turn learn things that the another person may find utterly contradictory to what they've been told for ages... Who's right? Seriously, you're talking about interpretations of an allegory (ie. Genesis)... Hell, the Gnostic Christians believed that the world was created by God 1.0 (ie, God of the Old Testament) and that the one TRUE God was God 2.0 (ie the New Testament God) and that following edicts like "An-eye-for-an-eye" "Shame upon the father, his son and his son" etc... was following the edicts of a flawed God.

As far as the Evolution contradicts the bible idea... Genesis was written to give a concept of creation. Trying to explain to people 2000 years ago that 2 gigantic masses of a gas (which they wouldn't know much about to begin with) collided with each other and had such a huge cataclysm of energy and matter released that took thousands of millenia to congeal and form eventually the building blocks of everything that is in existance today... would have landed you in whatever passed for a jail, or got you stoned on the spot for heresy. Darwin wrote Origin of Species based on empirical observation, and could correlate the data he got on trips to isolated eco-systems (as abberations) to what he had learned from trips to north africa and other areas. Christian Science followers base their ideas around the bible, and reject other ideas as false or without proof (mainly because it contradicts the idea that that world is 9000 years old... apparently C-12 carbon dating is shakey at best as well... unless its used to date biblical texts to disprove fraud or forgeries), and look for the answer in a tome that is rather adulterated, and has been translated, re-translated and heavily censored and edited (there were 80 gospels originally) by a Pagan Roman Caesar.

The other thing that most people who thump the creationism drum hard either don't know or don't want to know is that Darwin was an ANGLICAN... practised that religion all his life, and was buried in concecrated earth... Funny, because you really can't do that if you're an aetheist.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 3:44 PM on j-body.org
c12?

carbon dating is using c14 the radioactive isotype of carbon. c12 is the stable normal version in which they use to calculate how much c14 there was in the first place. but it is the half lifes of c14 that is used for time measurment.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:44 PM on j-body.org
You need to establish the base-line to find the C14 ratios, er go you need C12 amounts relative to the time period (as both fluctuate, and depending on ambient conditions and cosmic ray bombardment, there may be more or less of both elements). Short term Cabon Dating (at least in a forensic terminology that I'm aware of) is referred to as C-12, although C-14 is used interchangably.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 7:09 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

god could have very well been the starting force of the big bang 20 billion years ago. God could have very well designed organic life with the ability to evolve from amoeba into humans or sharks or bears over billions of years.

exactly... I don't see why creationists cannot settle on a plausible idea like "created evolution" or even that God planted the seeds of life or started the Big Bang? It is completely stupid how someone could argue that the Earth was formed in 4000BC... how does anything support that argument?? Egyptian, Chinese, Mesopotamian, and other civilizations went back FURTHER than 4000 BC so how can they exixt if the Universe didn't exist? We have subfossil remians older than that, so how do you explain REAL fossils if 4000 years isn't long enough to fossilize something? And where do all of the creatures that existed before man (around 99% of Earth's history) go and how did they all co-exist? Where is the damn evidence? That guy in the video is a moron to believe such trash!

Thursday, October 05, 2006 8:44 PM on j-body.org
I am wasting my time talking to you guys. The whole age of the earth thing is bogus. And what about the big bang. there was a swirling ball of matter or whatever who cares, and then it explodes forming the universe, wouldn't the planets for example be spinning in the same direction say if the ball of matter was spinning clockwise, wouldn't everything else spin clockwise as well. explain to me why two of our planets are spinning in the opposite direction compared to the rest of the planets? and many moons that orbit some planets orbit some planets in the opposite direction. and what about the moon? the rate that it is moving away from the earth at? Calculate that, and it's current distance from the earth. Go backwards and tell me how much time do we have before it is touching the earth. The fossilization of dinosaurs can be explain by the flood. they can be fossilized immediately by the amount of pressure produced by so much water. and the fact that the bible says that God created man out of the dust, it does say that it was done on the sixth day. this creation process took six days, not billions of years. That is how evolution contradicts the bible. whatever. i wish i had more time to write, but i feel like i am just wasting my time talking to you guys. I'm sorry if i said anything to offend anyone. I am not going to go any further with this.
Thursday, October 05, 2006 8:47 PM on j-body.org
oh and about the cancer leaving and sicknesses and all part that i wrote, you guys completely ignored the rest. how would you explain that? I have seen it with my own eyes.
Thursday, October 05, 2006 10:03 PM on j-body.org
^That has nothing to do with evolution buddy... I mentioned it in my post that you failed to read. Miracles may well be acts of God but it has nothing to do with evolution

Thursday, October 05, 2006 10:32 PM on j-body.org
ohhhhhhhh man

man you are not the sharpest crayon in the package are u? Let me answer every one of you questions with scientific answers, not bogus Bible claims with no evidence.

Quote:

The whole age of the earth thing is bogus. And what about the big bang. there was a swirling ball of matter or whatever who cares, and then it explodes forming the universe, wouldn't the planets for example be spinning in the same direction say if the ball of matter was spinning clockwise, wouldn't everything else spin clockwise as well. explain to me why two of our planets are spinning in the opposite direction compared to the rest of the planets?

How is it bogus? Because we have actualy radioactive dating methods (not C-14, other isotopes) that dates rock back 4.6 bya, because the position of continents and fossil beds matches our modern view of Earth's history... After the Big Bang, everything wasn't spinning in one direction, rather it expanded from the central point. Astronomers have found out that the Universe is expanding still and if you backtrack the expansion back in time, that it all comes to one central point. The Universe is actually older than Earth and the Sun. So since everything does not have to spin in the same direction I move to your planet example. Planets like Uranus (on its side) and Venus (backwards) could simply have formed like that or could have been hit by an object early in their formation and forced into that rotation. There is no rule to spinning in the Universe, things spin in both directions.

Quote:

and many moons that orbit some planets orbit some planets in the opposite direction.

You mean the captured moons? These moons (Saturns Phoebe for example) were captured asteroids that encountered the planets gravity and since they were heading in the opposite direction, they started orbiting in the other direction. The moons that formed around the planet in the original accretion disk follow the same path but captured moons (captured after initial formation) do not always follow the rules. They have now classified Pluto as a Kuiper Belt object since it has an asteroid-like orbit that is way off the plane of the Solar System.

Quote:

and what about the moon? the rate that it is moving away from the earth at? Calculate that, and it's current distance from the earth. Go backwards and tell me how much time do we have before it is touching the earth.

The leading hypothesis about the moon is that it was formed by a major impact early in the Earth's development... a large planetoid struck the partially molten Earth and the Moon formed from a chunk of the Earth tore off an began to orbit the Earth. Since the formation was so unusual, the Earth and Moon have been slowly drifting apart since then... and yes, they were touching at the beginning since they were one... and I'm sure the calculation is online somewhere, if I have time I'll find it.

Quote:

The fossilization of dinosaurs can be explain by the flood. they can be fossilized immediately by the amount of pressure produced by so much water.

are you FREAKIN NUTS!!!! This must be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The Flood? Noah? That means that you thin kthe dinosaurs lived with humans????? Are u serious? Dinosaurs and humans lived tens of millions of years apart and never saw a mammal larger than a possum. There is no fossil of a dinosaur with a human (Fred Flintstone lol) or any dinosaur-like creature existing after the Cretaceous. Plus, don't you think Noah would mention a huge reptile in existence at the time and don't you think they would wipe out humans if they co-existed? Without going into the fact that the Flood story is scientifically impossible for several reasons and also impossible common sense wise (there are billions of species on the Earth and they wouldn't all fit in a boat) I'll leave it at that for now unless you want to argue more. lol

Another thing for you to ponder, the Titanic is under tons of pressure... is it fossilized too? Do you see the creatures at the bottom of the Mariana Trench fossilizing? lol

Quote:

and the fact that the bible says that God created man out of the dust, it does say that it was done on the sixth day. this creation process took six days, not billions of years.

how do you know how long a "day" was to God... did God mention that his day was 365 days? Unless He has told you in person, judging a day as an Earth Day is only yout interpretation, not LAW. And isn't dust particulate matter? How can such a complex organism as man be made from inorganic matter instantly? Find me scientific evidence of spontaneous formation.

Quote:

I am wasting my time talking to you guys. That is how evolution contradicts the bible. whatever. i wish i had more time to write, but i feel like i am just wasting my time talking to you guys. I'm sorry if i said anything to offend anyone. I am not going to go any further with this.

ok, give up and that means you cannot carry on an intelligent debate... I still don't see how it contradicts the Bible. Maybe you twisted literal interpretation but not the Bible. Maybe these things were meant to be stories to give us a moral guide or even just entertainment. This Bible was written in ancient times, these guys had no idea what "genetics" was or "plate tectonics", or "dinosaurs". For you to believe such stories you put yourself on the naivity scale of a person from the 1st century AD. I know you get frustrated trying to defend the undefendible but that's that happens sometimes

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search