NIGGA - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: NIGGA
Monday, November 27, 2006 1:47 PM on j-body.org

Monday, November 27, 2006 2:14 PM on j-body.org
i still think it's all hilarious! Why be scared to use a word?

But to another subby!

Samples:
8bm.com wrote:If you don’t have the word Nigger, what would we call them?
How would we refer to them?
Who are these them that I am referring to?
Well that is the sticky icky question isn’t it?
The them I am talking about are those people that live on a block with a burned out home every third house but in front of their home is a $60,000 Cadillac.
The them I am talking about are those people that claim to make tens of thousands of dollars a week selling drugs but still live in the most crime ridden, decrepit neighborhoods, surrounded by garbage, packs of stray dogs roaming the streets, drug addicts, prostitutes and homeless all to the soundtrack of police sirens and ambulances.
The them I am talking about spend what little money they have on getting their hair made up, their nails touched up and new clothes on their backs before they buy food for their own children.
The them I am talking about have three children from three different men and she isn’t certain of the identity of any one of their fathers.
The them I am talking about are people who actually risk their lives over a brand name pair of gym shoes when they refuse to take them off when they are being robbed at gun point for them.

Even though I'm not endorsing a drug dealer or drug sales....

If you sale crack.........why would you move from a crackhead filled area to a suburban lifestyle if all your business is still in the hood.

If you're making "stacks" off of selling narcotics i doubt you'd want to make it known by staying in the hood and building a decent home there.

I agree the cars are absurd with their lifestyle choice, but there's more than just "niggers" living in small time places with big cars.

And to the risking your life for the shoes! I thinik it's more of a pride thing than, i rather have my life than these shoes. Most black people in the "hood" or black people in general hold respect very high. So when someone comes to rob you, it's either no or payback. If you do nothing about it or do something like call the cops, you're faced with being a mockery in your hood, which to them, is the only thing that matters, not what everyone outside of that foundation thinks....

for everything else listed.....i have no answer! It's just retarded but deserves a more modern term than nigger....

Just the mere fact of the words history and relevancy makes the most annointed person look like an ignorant POS by using it.

And to the word nigga! Lol....nvm its a waste O time! lol

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Monday, November 27, 2006 3:43 PM on j-body.org
It's called being a big fish in a small pond. Someone making lots of money in a poor neighbourhood is special, in a rich neighbourhood they are nothing, and living in a rich neighbourhood would likely draw attention from law abiding (read, might call the police) people. They definately would not want their clientelle to drop in for a visit.

PAX
Tuesday, November 28, 2006 9:56 AM on j-body.org
The N word comes with too many terms and conditions.

---

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:19 AM on j-body.org
^^^Bingo.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaði, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 4:05 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]how to deal with it? when he says something like, "'sup nigga?" reply, "Not much, honkey."

Cracked me up!

Thursday, November 30, 2006 7:28 AM on j-body.org
The word is never going to go away when "nigga" and "nigger" are not censored on cable tv.

As long as little white and black kids are watching the chappelle show were he says "nigger" and "nigga" every other sentence its going to continue to be used.

I saw two white 10 year olds in my sub calling each other "niggas" a while back...I couldnt believe it.

I asked them where they learned that word...and sure enough.

"From Chappelle's Show."
Saturday, December 02, 2006 11:05 PM on j-body.org
BLAME CHAPPELLE!!!!! I knew there was a simple answer!
Monday, December 04, 2006 1:19 PM on j-body.org
As stated before, better to just not use the term. Anyone can try to act cool and use racial terminology to try to fit in, but in actuality, you only further perpetuate the racist stereotype.
Thursday, December 07, 2006 8:21 AM on j-body.org
The "N" Word

In this modern day world
We seem to consume
The "N" word of hate
The slave word for doom

This word has been drenched
In red from our blood
It enslaved us like swine
Chain dragged through the mud

How fast we forget
Those lynch mobs and scars
The burnings and beatings
Those hot branding bars

Our freedom was taken
Our humanity stole
We were just that "N" word
No body no soul

Our women were raped
Some men were castrated
Black children were sold
Our race was degraded

With the crack of a whip
This word was yelled out
With each break in our necks
The rope showed know doubt

We were hunted like prey
Then put on the block
We were branded as slaves
With a chain brace and lock

This "N" word was used
To take guilt out of blame
Because it made us inhuman
To be killed with no shame

Yet after all of those years
Of that suffering pain
The use of this word
Has weakend our brains

We throw it around
Like a word with no past
But history lives on
From the shadow it cast

It's now part of our language
In every sentence we say
It shows off our ignorance
In a sorry sad way

There's no other culture
And no other race
That would embrace such a slur
Or welcome disgrace

Yet we as Black people
Have done so for years
Our dignity lost
Without feelings or tears

It's part of the reason
We will never excel
Or out-live our slums
And Ghetto-ish hell

Written by David Farrar

I found this poem a LOOONG time ago and it gave me such a NEW outlook on the situation. I have to admit that I still use it from time to time, but its never a term of endearment. Its more like an insult, but its funny how ignorant people cannot make that distinction. Its quite sad that everything in this poem is true.

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Friday, December 08, 2006 6:12 AM on j-body.org
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:i still think it's all hilarious! Why be scared to use a word?

But to another subby!

Samples:
8bm.com wrote:If you don’t have the word Nigger, what would we call them?
How would we refer to them?
Who are these them that I am referring to?
Well that is the sticky icky question isn’t it?
The them I am talking about are those people that live on a block with a burned out home every third house but in front of their home is a $60,000 Cadillac.
The them I am talking about are those people that claim to make tens of thousands of dollars a week selling drugs but still live in the most crime ridden, decrepit neighborhoods, surrounded by garbage, packs of stray dogs roaming the streets, drug addicts, prostitutes and homeless all to the soundtrack of police sirens and ambulances.
The them I am talking about spend what little money they have on getting their hair made up, their nails touched up and new clothes on their backs before they buy food for their own children.
The them I am talking about have three children from three different men and she isn’t certain of the identity of any one of their fathers.
The them I am talking about are people who actually risk their lives over a brand name pair of gym shoes when they refuse to take them off when they are being robbed at gun point for them.

Even though I'm not endorsing a drug dealer or drug sales....

If you sale crack.........why would you move from a crackhead filled area to a suburban lifestyle if all your business is still in the hood.

If you're making "stacks" off of selling narcotics i doubt you'd want to make it known by staying in the hood and building a decent home there.

I agree the cars are absurd with their lifestyle choice, but there's more than just "niggers" living in small time places with big cars.

And to the risking your life for the shoes! I thinik it's more of a pride thing than, i rather have my life than these shoes. Most black people in the "hood" or black people in general hold respect very high. So when someone comes to rob you, it's either no or payback. If you do nothing about it or do something like call the cops, you're faced with being a mockery in your hood, which to them, is the only thing that matters, not what everyone outside of that foundation thinks....

for everything else listed.....i have no answer! It's just retarded but deserves a more modern term than nigger....

Just the mere fact of the words history and relevancy makes the most annointed person look like an ignorant POS by using it.

And to the word nigga! Lol....nvm its a waste O time! lol

i think the quote that you copied from 8bm is a little off base. the reason these people drive 60,000 dollar cars and have all the new clothes and everything is because of the money. maybe they deal or maybe the actually work but its still coming from money. the reason they still live in the "hood" is because of goverment assistant/section 8. basically pay whatever you can "afford" and we'll let you live there. thats why they drive those cars and have those clothes. hell why move out to the burbs where you wont get that treatment and actually have to pay 800-1000 morgage a month when you can live in the "hood" and say you can only "afford" to pay 250 a month.

i do agree w/ what your saying though too which is why i think 8bm is a little off base. if your money is coming from where your living, why move and commute to a "job" when you dont have to.

Friday, December 08, 2006 9:53 AM on j-body.org
I guess it's not just the US.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Monday, December 11, 2006 9:38 AM on j-body.org
As a "European-American", I take extreme offense to being called a "honkey", "cracker", "mayonaise eater", or "the man".

When someone refers to me in those terms, I immediately threaten to sue them and have them arrested for "hate crimes".

(see how stupid that sounds?)

"Nigga" and "nigger" are thrown around freely in rap music and tv. How can anyone complain about being called either when it's how the black community chooses to identify itself?

Before you flame me, every sale of a rap cd or dvd that uses these words perpetuates and encourages more. I don't remember ever seeing a protest by the black community against Chris Rock, Jay Z, Lil Jon, DMX, Dave Chappelle, Richard Pryor, etc etc for their use of those words.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, December 11, 2006 9:50 AM on j-body.org
Don't worry. "Nigga" is being taken back. Give it two or three years, give or take, and no one will find it offensive anymore.

People used to find jeez and gosh offensive about 30 years ago..

Monday, December 11, 2006 10:01 AM on j-body.org
bradsk88 wrote:Don't worry. "Nigga" is being taken back. Give it two or three years, give or take, and no one will find it offensive anymore.

People used to find jeez and gosh offensive about 30 years ago..
Clerks 2 wrote:Randal Graves: [indignant] Well, I still don't think "porch monkey" should be considered a racial term. I mean, I've always used it to describe lazy people, not lazy black people! I think if we really tried, we could reclaim "porch monkey" and save it.
Dante Hicks: It can't be saved, Randal! The sole purpose for its creation - the only reason it exists in the first place - is to disparage an entire race. And even if it could be saved, *you* can't save it, because you're not black!
Randal Graves: [smug] Well, listen to you, telling me I can't do something because of the color of my skin. You're the racist!
[Dante storms off in a huff]
Randal Graves: I'm taking it back, you watch!
PORCH MONKEY 4 LIFE!!

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Monday, December 11, 2006 10:17 AM on j-body.org
CLERKS 2 FTW

you know my friend does the same thing... "what up nigga?"

so i just turn around and say "you mexican whats up?"

people always just laugh at that.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 2:32 AM on j-body.org
lmmfao at this whole thread. i live far from the hood although i have lived in many hoods. i grew up in section 8 housing. i moved in with my grandma b.c of the dumb @!#$ i seen there. i now live in a town you probably never have heard of. RABBIT HASH KY. one black family. if the parents of that family heard the term used by their kids they would lash them...

im not going to do the typical thing and say a nigger is a dirty person or theif . sadly its not used like that anymore. i think blacks should stop @!#$ bitching about being being call niggers until they stop calling eachother that..

i swear in middle school these two blacks were like what up nigga oh nothing nigga... i laughed at them. they got all @!#$ty about it and called me a racist for laughing at how they talked, and i quote they said "dont laugh at my culture" i told them if they it were in their culture to be called nigga then jessie jackson wouldnt be fighting against white people using the word.

and everytime i hear the word nigga in a rap song i stop and think of what would happen if garth brookes or george straight said it in a song...

bottom line im going to call you all niggers untill you stop calling eachother niggers... and yes dont bitch i know you dont like it... but hey dont be a hypocrit you dont want white saying it you as blacks dont need to say it,......

h&rs-rksport-magnaflow-ebc-stoptech-vss-jlaudio-jvc

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 6:11 AM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:
Before you flame me, every sale of a rap cd or dvd that uses these words perpetuates and encourages more. I don't remember ever seeing a protest by the black community against Chris Rock, Jay Z, Lil Jon, DMX, Dave Chappelle, Richard Pryor, etc etc for their use of those words.

Richard Pryor volentarily removed "nigger" from his vocabulary in the mid-late 80s after a trip to Africa. He says it was only then that he realized how much damage the word had caused. Listen to his early stuff, then listen to his later stuff, you'll notice a distinct lack of the term. While few if any complaned about his use of the word, I'm sure many, many more commended him on his decision to eliminate the word from his vocabulary and why he did so. He talks about his choice on his first recording after he came back.. I forget if it's "Live on Sunset Strip" or exactly which tour it is, but you can be sure its not the routine called "That Nigger's Crazy"

That word keeps people down, that's all there is to it. Even when said jokingly or friendly it serves to re-enforce a stereotype and sub-consciously reminds everyone involved about racial differences putting the black person in a poor light.

Of course there are racial differences, but we should be celebrating the good not reenforcing the negative.

PAX
Tuesday, December 12, 2006 6:50 AM on j-body.org
JimmyZ wrote:I guess it's not just the US.

lol that was funny

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 10:37 AM on j-body.org
I am black i don't take offense to words. I feel if you are going to be offended when another race uses it don't use it. using it in songs etc... Who do you think buys alot of the music that people like 50 cents puts out. I don't use it and don't appreciated when other black use it to me.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 2:46 PM on j-body.org
I have never heard any of my black friends use it. Maybe they are just more intelligent and dignified than most.
Or at least they don't use it in my presence. Of course they are down to earth type people too. Who knows.

I use the word, when I'm singing along to old Snoop or Dre.

I'd rather be a N-I-G-G-A , so I could get drunk and smoke weed all day.

Thursday, January 11, 2007 3:49 PM on j-body.org

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, January 11, 2007 3:54 PM on j-body.org
Any person that uses the word to describe themselves should take no offense to someone else using it to describe them

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, January 11, 2007 5:40 PM on j-body.org
^^^^Bingo. Roddy has it right.

Let me go on a rant here. There is no such thing as "Our" words. If it's part of a language, it's either all taboo, or it's all okay. There is no "in-between." If the prevaling logic is there there are certain words that can only be uttered without contempt by a select prople, then look at the precedent:

If only blacks can say "nigga", because it's there word...
Does that mean only latinos can say, "Ese?"
Does that mean that only jews can use the word, "Putz"?
Does that mean that only canadians can call someone else a "Hoser?"
Does that mean that only conservatives can call someone a "Communist?"

See the precedent that is being set. I think it's BS--not only because as far as I'm concerned if it's part of a language it's meant to be used at the proper time, but because as we think through language; controling and restricting language is controlling thought and I for one am against ANYONE telling me how to think or what to say.

As such, my mind is wired for defanging, not restriction. And with the word, "Nigger", that's what blacks (in general and en masse) have done. Really, when it comes down to it, "Nigga" is a farse unto itself. It's like saying that because i said, "Fokk" (or phonetically, i said, "@!#$"), that it's different than saying "@!#$" (the f-word), and that no one should be offended when I use it, even when i use it within the same context as the f-word. Worse so, in the "defanging" process, is the fact that by using it out of contect, I've hereby made a word that so many people find offensive and trivialized it.

Now, in my personal opinion, It doesn't matter if, in hatred i call, say Jamal (i'm using you 'cause i know you and i think you're cool, and don't hate you in any way) a "nigger", or "cracker". Both are uttered in hatred and anger and that's what should be focused on: the context. Really, from wheere i stand if a few black people want to call each other, "nigga", i could care less, but if those same people come back and get offended that someone that's not black uses it--in the same camaraderie-like context they used it in, well, they need to do a rectal-cranial inversion.

You can't have it both ways--the word that describes the context is either taboo or okay.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaði, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, January 12, 2007 4:27 AM on j-body.org
I'm all about using words only as they were originally intended. That makes "Nigger" extremely offensive in my book. As Keeper says, "Nigga" is just a bastardization of the same word and therefore, to me, it is just as bad.

That said, people call each other defamitory names all the time, sometimes in jest, sometimes not. The problem lies in context. I'm sure I could call a black friend "Nigga" while joking around and there'd be no problem, but at the same time, I won't because of the extreme offensiveness.

When I call a friend a "dick" or something, there's usually a reason, and it may all be in good fun, but the term "dick" will come out in retailiation to something, a prank or whatever. So why would I retort with "nigga"? Is it retaiation? Likely. It is also, very definately ratially motivated, and acts to seperate us acording to our skin colour. That's BS. He can be a "dick" too.

I also will not call Spanish people "spick", or Native people "wahoo" or "wagon burner", and for good reason.

Ever walk up to a chinese friend and call them "chink" or a Korean friend "Gook"? How is that any different?

Keeper.. There is "Guy Fawkes day"... The perfect opportunity

PAX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search