This Is Just Wrong - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: This Is Just Wrong
Friday, November 24, 2006 9:41 AM on j-body.org
mikec2003 wrote:we had kids dropping hand grenades off bridges at us

Hmm, I wonder if the kids would have dropped the grenades if the Americans would GIVE WATER AND FOOD to these towns; We're not in a shortage.

Some people will argue that giving them handouts will ruin the economy, but I say @!#$ the economy! Human beings are living in terrible conditions, we need to do whatever we can to help them get on their feet.

Friday, November 24, 2006 10:03 AM on j-body.org
BradSk88 wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if the kids would have dropped the grenades if the Americans would GIVE WATER AND FOOD to these towns; We're not in a shortage.

Some people will argue that giving them handouts will ruin the economy, but I say @!#$ the economy! Human beings are living in terrible conditions, we need to do whatever we can to help them get on their feet.

That still doesn't make them right and us wrong. We shouldn't have to give them food to keep them from trying to kill us

Friday, November 24, 2006 11:10 AM on j-body.org
Then we should just leave, declare political and economic isolation and let them develop themselves. Why else are we there but to support them?

Friday, November 24, 2006 11:13 AM on j-body.org
BradSk88 wrote:Then we should just leave, declare political and economic isolation and let them develop themselves. Why else are we there but to support them?

That still doesn't help you make your point. Why the hell should we have to feed them to keep them from killing us....

Friday, November 24, 2006 11:47 AM on j-body.org
I was pretty distraught when i saw this video like most. I was reading the comments on youTube and I found this comment pretty funny.

"The average IQ for current U.S. Marine recruits is clocking in just below 74* (*since Jan 2004, while a score of 70 qualifies for "legally retarded" in most U.S. states). The saddest thing about the hollow reaction we are all having to this video is that the tragic idiots who shot the footage are going to be stuck that way (in a relentless state of idiocy) forever. Getting mad about this footage is is like flipping off the short-bus as it drives by. "

Friday, November 24, 2006 11:54 AM on j-body.org
V Dub wrote:I was pretty distraught when i saw this video like most. I was reading the comments on youTube and I found this comment pretty funny.

"The average IQ for current U.S. Marine recruits is clocking in just below 74* (*since Jan 2004, while a score of 70 qualifies for "legally retarded" in most U.S. states). The saddest thing about the hollow reaction we are all having to this video is that the tragic idiots who shot the footage are going to be stuck that way (in a relentless state of idiocy) forever. Getting mad about this footage is is like flipping off the short-bus as it drives by. "

You really belive that? Or just laughing at the short bus comment

Friday, November 24, 2006 11:55 AM on j-body.org

Friday, November 24, 2006 12:11 PM on j-body.org
Rosario wrote:
V Dub wrote:I was pretty distraught when i saw this video like most. I was reading the comments on youTube and I found this comment pretty funny.

You really belive that? Or just laughing at the short bus comment

yes i do believe that a large portion of the united states army is filled with complete morons and idiots from bad areas who didn't have a good outlook on life. some recruiter found them in the parking lot of a supermarket while they were hanging out and persuaded them to join in an influencial speech. (basically saying you will be fully fed, clothed, and sheltered for free)

don't get me wrong. I know there are plenty of good hearted soldiers out there. I have 3 friends in the marines who would never ever do some BS like this. I am very greatful for all of our troops but dumbasses like this and the ones who torture and execute and rape just F everything up.

Friday, November 24, 2006 1:52 PM on j-body.org
bigj480 wrote:^^ All that proves is that they are no different than American kids, kids here would probably do the same thing, especially if there is no consequence. This does not excuse the actions of the solder in the previous video and it also proves that the soldiers in this video are also not fit to serve. THEY WANT TO KILL KIDS FOR THROWING A ROCK! I am ashamed of these soldiers, but I wish them no harm, I just hope they realize that they are VERY wrong. If the do kill a kid for throwing a rock, they should be found guilty of murder. The military should be able to stop this without deadly force somehow though.

You're right, they should be able to stop it without deadly force. But, they're not even allowed to squeeze the trigger and fire just to get the kids to scatter. Not at all. My brother just got back from Iraq, and he even said... the only defense that they have, is to throw rocks back. So what do you want them to do, stop once in a while and pick up buckets full of rocks and keep them for next time?

I just love how everyone here is all defensive to the kids. Sure, maybe they dont get get an ass whoopin if they throw rocks at the soldiers by their parents. Yeah, they dont understand that they shouldnt be doing what they're doing. But... those kids looked more than a couple years old. They probably know that their country was ruled by "who has the most guns" Just like it is now. We have more guns and stuff that blows up, so we run that place. What's the difference? The people with the guns in the past, would use them if you @!#$ up. You think they threw rocks at Iraqi soldiers in the past? I'm gonna guess that they didnt. Killing the kids, probably wrong... but at least having permission to fire warning shots would likely be enough to make them scatter. For all those crying in the thread about where tax money goes and such.... I'm sure i'll be happy that the money spent to pay for a few rounds of ammo for an M16 saved us from spending the money to replace a windshield on 4 different trucks. Not to mention (and it was in the video) what would have happened if the rock went THROUGH the windsheild?

For the water bottle, who cares. A little competition to the kids. The last kid remaining was supposed to get the water bottle. He threw it out, it's nto his fault that 4 or 5 kids ran off the side of the street and got it first. Maybe you'd think it's a better idea for them to get a bunch of kids all begging for the water bottle, then just chug it in front of them right? Cuz that would be totally ok, you wouldnt feel bad for that right? God forbid that the little boy can do what all little boys do and learn to be competetive with his peers. Hell, i'd even guess that happens quite a bit... at least enough for the kids to know that theres a reward for the last one chasing the truck? The kids ran through a sewage infested street or whatever..... and they wouldnt run through it anyways... i fail to see how this made the soldiers such horrible people?

That country doest really give 2 @!#$s about us. Any of us. Doesnt matter what we're trying to make for them, they dont care. I do agree with some people about just pulling all the troops from the hole. The only reason we're even wanted over there at all is because once we leave.... someone else has just gotten themselves a bigger country.

Friday, November 24, 2006 3:16 PM on j-body.org
SHOoff wrote:
For the water bottle, who cares. A little competition to the kids. The last kid remaining was supposed to get the water bottle. He threw it out, it's nto his fault that 4 or 5 kids ran off the side of the street and got it first. Maybe you'd think it's a better idea for them to get a bunch of kids all begging for the water bottle, then just chug it in front of them right? Cuz that would be totally ok, you wouldnt feel bad for that right? God forbid that the little boy can do what all little boys do and learn to be competetive with his peers. Hell, i'd even guess that happens quite a bit... at least enough for the kids to know that theres a reward for the last one chasing the truck? The kids ran through a sewage infested street or whatever..... and they wouldnt run through it anyways... i fail to see how this made the soldiers such horrible people?

You do know that there is a water shortage in most urbanised areas outside Tikrit and the affluent areas of Baghdad right? Did you know that most of the piping for potable water is not able to carry any water pressure, and therefore most families have to go to a water depot? Clean water is a luxury in Iraq, if they had enough water to drink, that kid wouldn't have run after it through sewage strewn streets.

Put it this way: You wouldn't do this to a dog with a treat and then snatch it away or toss it to a group of other dogs. If you would, that explains a LOT. It's called being cruel and wanton.

Quote:

That country doest really give 2 @!#$s about us. Any of us. Doesnt matter what we're trying to make for them, they dont care. I do agree with some people about just pulling all the troops from the hole. The only reason we're even wanted over there at all is because once we leave.... someone else has just gotten themselves a bigger country.

You've been there recently, have you?

Let me give you a little hint:

YOU WEREN'T WANTED THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Most Iraqis would have rather you didn't make landfall, and took over the country, and protect the oil rigs instead of the government ministries that were in place to actually do things. Did they want Saddam? No, of course not, but they also don't want their neighbours coming to kill them because they're a different sect of their religion either. If they overthrew Saddam on their own (with a little help from their friends in America), you'd probably see things a LOT more stable. As it stands, this little war isn't going to solve any more problems than it actually created.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, November 24, 2006 5:13 PM on j-body.org
Lash wrote:Meh......now I remember why I hate reading crap on this site.
Idiots.

Yeah, I know. How can we disagree with YOU?! Who do we think we are? Here's a hint; If you don't want to hear from people who disagree with you, stay out of the discussion. You would be better off by making a counter argument or not saying anything.

-Religion breeds self-righteousness.
-Ignoring problems rarely fixes them.
-All men are CREATED equal.
-We DO legislate morality.
-Justice does not exist.
-Rely only on yourself.
-Legalize marijuana.
-Gun control kills!

Friday, November 24, 2006 5:30 PM on j-body.org
more proof of how u yanks are helping them out right...

----------
i keep it gully like im havin a old friend for lunch
Friday, November 24, 2006 7:49 PM on j-body.org
BradSk88 wrote:

can't you read.......i said already.......we can't give them food or water, its against the rules, these kids should have known that........and come on.....terrible conditons my ass.....i was there, i saw the country as it was under saddam and under american rule.......america made iraq 100 times more civilized, we gave them running water, we gave them power, we gave them sewage tretment facilities.

and upstate......you can't justify your comments......you wished a soldiers death because he pulled a prank on a kid who most likely has running water in his home........you know nothing of iraq or the war there......you were never in country, you don't know......watching CNN doesn't mean @!#$......it was a harmless joke and you wish death........@!#$ man, your wose than saddam.

oh he played a joke...........cut his @!#$ head off........ sure seems like your taking lessons from bin laden.......someone does something you don't like.......lets just kill them.

oh heres a news flash since obviously you hate the military of this great country.........if the U.S. militry didn't intervene in bosina.........your race would have been wiped off the map.....think of that and then talk @!#$ on the military

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Friday, November 24, 2006 7:50 PM on j-body.org
wow what did i start with this post

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Friday, November 24, 2006 8:44 PM on j-body.org
short answer............a war

but your car and truck still rock out geeds

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Friday, November 24, 2006 9:22 PM on j-body.org
The video wasn't in good taste but shi# happens. It's the wrong message and now that it's out there it just fuels the fire. There isn't enough of the good video out there. When I was in Iraq I met a lot of nice Iraqis. There was one group that were building maintenance bays. I volunteered every time to go with that group to watch over them. I have pictures with them . They always invited me to have tea with them. Unfortunately I happened to have a chew in most of the time. They brought bread every day. I've had bread with them. Their forman was in the Iran / Iraq war. He showed me his scars. Three bullet holes to the chest.

One man was the driver of their group. His younger brother started working with them a few weeks later. One day he cut his hand very badly on a piece of sheet metal. I'm supposed to watch these guys and make sure they don't leave the area. I was kinda like a prison guard. There were supposed to be 2 of us on duty that day. I was the only one. I didn't have a first aid kit on me. I felt bad for the guy, the cut probably should have had stitches. I said Fuc* it and left the area. The unit that was replacing us had barracks about a hundred yards away from the area I was at. I found a SSG that had a kit in their room. I told him I would be back with the kit.

I went back to the work area. The guy was in pain, you could see it on his face. I didn't speak arabic so I tried to get the message across to him that what I was gonna do was going to hurt. His hands were dirty so I had to disinfect it with alchol. I gestured to him that it was gonna burn. Then I wrapped his hand. and gave him plenty of extra bandages.

In a situation like that I don't care what I should have done. I did what was right and didn't care if I got in trouble for it. Fuc% the war!

Friday, November 24, 2006 10:29 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

oh heres a news flash since obviously you hate the military of this great country.........if the U.S. militry didn't intervene in bosina.........your race would have been wiped off the map.....think of that and then talk @!#$ on the military

WTF does this have to do with the video? Are you that ignorant? I don't hate the military of this country. When did I EVER say that? Can you even read? You are creating arguments based on assumptions. Holy uncomprehending batman.

Friday, November 24, 2006 10:38 PM on j-body.org
Mike: Yugoslavia was a UN/NATO operation.

Friday, November 24, 2006 10:41 PM on j-body.org
/\ That's true, however, the U.S. did step in more than the others, especially towards the end. But why does this dude think that this has anything to do with my feelings about the video...?

Saturday, November 25, 2006 12:15 PM on j-body.org
^^ He thinks that you should be grateful and stick up for them weather they are right or wrong. Wrong is wrong and that is wrong. Hey upstate, you said that your original statement was made out of anger. Does that mean that you no longer feel that way?

-Justice does not exist.
-Rely only on yourself.
-Legalize marijuana.
-Gun control kills!
Saturday, November 25, 2006 12:50 PM on j-body.org
Good Question.

Saturday, November 25, 2006 1:11 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

^^ He thinks that you should be grateful and stick up for them weather they are right or wrong.

Why would I step up for someone that is in my opinion completely wrong? (this soldier did more than just "wrong")

Quote:

Hey upstate, you said that your original statement was made out of anger. Does that mean that you no longer feel that way?

I honestly don't know how to answer that. The second I saw that video I got shivers down my spine. I probably feel more sensitive about it than most people here so that's why I think that the statement was made out of anger.

Nevertheless, what the guy did was cruel. Additionally, this video could cause more harm to U.S. troops and that's why everyone should condemn it and not laugh at it. But it is still a free country, so you can have your opinion (no matter what it is).

Saturday, November 25, 2006 2:30 PM on j-body.org
UpstateNyZ24 wrote:
Quote:

^^ He thinks that you should be grateful and stick up for them weather they are right or wrong.

Why would I step up for someone that is in my opinion completely wrong? (this soldier did more than just "wrong")

+1

UpstateNyZ24 wrote:
Quote:

Hey upstate, you said that your original statement was made out of anger. Does that mean that you no longer feel that way?

I honestly don't know how to answer that. The second I saw that video I got shivers down my spine. I probably feel more sensitive about it than most people here so that's why I think that the statement was made out of anger.

Nevertheless, what the guy did was cruel. Additionally, this video could cause more harm to U.S. troops and that's why everyone should condemn it and not laugh at it. But it is still a free country, so you can have your opinion (no matter what it is).

Nice side-step! I agree with everything you said in THIS post, but do you still wish he would die? I think that most would condemn what he did because it was @!#$in cruel, not just because of the harm it does to "our" image. Then again, most wouldn't wish death on him.

-Justice does not exist.
-Rely only on yourself.
-Legalize marijuana.
-Gun control kills!
Saturday, November 25, 2006 3:54 PM on j-body.org
This has gotten ridiculous. Half of the videos you see on youtube are worse than this. How many people thought bumfights was funny?? They were selling those videos and they were more cruel then making kids run for a bottle of water. People are ready to string the soldiers up and have them discharged or wished death upon them. If there were rules broken they probably were minor and not worth discharge and certainly not worth death.

The joke was in bad taste and probably illustrates the inner distain some have for the local population. I'm sure it's hard to care about a population that welcomes you when you're giving handouts and then goes back to planning how to kill you. Not all the people are like that but after a few of your friends are killed and you're shot at a few times your opinion of the locals tends to drift towards the worst.

Most people here don't know how much this type of stress can affect people and their behavior. I'll bet more come back from Iraq more prejudiced against arabs than before the war. It was many, many years after WWll before japanese were trusted and it'll probably be a long time before arabs aren't looked at with suspicion. It's just human nature to mistrust those you're at odds with.

upstate, you tend to look at things through your muslim tinted glasses and see muslims as the good guys. Many people here don't have your bias and some even have anti-muslim bias. I'm not saying either views is wrong or right, but many see your views as anti-american and this makes you somewhat of a target.

Bottom line...It's a @!#$ty thing to do. I hope their command sees the video and they get a tounge lashing and extra military instruction (that's punishment that's not considered punishment for you non military types). They probably should be reassigned to jobs that don't interract with the local also.
Saturday, November 25, 2006 4:15 PM on j-body.org
Bum Fights vids were a little.. hrmmm... strange, and ultimately tragic. This vid was illustrating wantoness. I'm not advocating discharging them, but seriously, there's a lack of discipline on the part of those 2 soldiers.

I don't know about Karma, but if there is such a thing, they're going to get a load of the bad stuff.

As far as what the locals are doing, if they weren't doing it before, why hand them a reason to want to go and kill Americans?

Building bridges might help here.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search