This Is Just Wrong - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: This Is Just Wrong
Saturday, November 25, 2006 4:22 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

upstate, you tend to look at things through your muslim tinted glasses and see muslims as the good guys.

Whoa. I am not even a practicing Muslim, I have no bias towards any people based on race, religion or ethnicity (my girlfriend is half Serbian).

I do have something against stupid people.

The last part of your statement surprises me even more. "Good guys"? Do you want to tell me that these kids are not "good guys" in this video (I am strictly talking about THE kids who are running after him). What kind of word are you using to classify the different sides here...? I don't get it.

Believe it or not, I would have reacted the same if this "soldier" was from the Turkish UN and if he was messing with a kid in Darfur (if they ever get there).

Quote:

Many people here don't have your bias and some even have anti-muslim bias. I'm not saying either views is wrong or right

Of course they're wrong. Either bias is bad for discussion.

Quote:

but many see your views as anti-american and this makes you somewhat of a target.

I understand this. But my statement about this soldier has nothing to do with "hating America". Like I said, I would have felt the same if this "soldier" was a U.N. Turkish peacekeeper. It is just disgraceful and inhumane, Karma will get him back I hope.

I just find it funny that people jump out and call me anti-American just because I negatively commented on an American soldier. I commented on his @!#$ personality, not the patch on his uniform.

How would you people have reacted if this "soldier" was molesting and raping a little kid in Iraq? Would you have wanted him dead? And if I said that I wished him death for it, would all of you have reacted the same way you did in this thread? Or would you have cut him some slack because he's an American soldier? Don't get offended, I'm just trying to figure things out...

Saturday, November 25, 2006 10:31 PM on j-body.org
ok short answer.......your comments pissed me off to no end because you said that a soldier should die a horrible death just for playing a joke. thats a lot different than a soldier who rapes or murders......when a soldier commits a crime, he stops being a soldier and becomes a criminal. the guy in the video is not a criminal.....sure he's a prick, but not a criminal, so saying he should die is horrible. the thing he did does not justify death.

and like i said before, you said he should die in a roadside bomb......that bomb would kill his entire vehicle crew.......so now waht your saying is you wish he and his friends would all die because he played a joke....thats @!#$ up

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Saturday, November 25, 2006 10:37 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

you said he should die in a roadside bomb......that bomb would kill his entire vehicle crew

I didn't know that. I was obviously pissed at the guy, not his crew.

To me what that "soldier" did was more than just a joke. I don't think that we will ever agree on this though and that's fine.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 1:18 AM on j-body.org
UpstateNyZ24 wrote:
Quote:

upstate, you tend to look at things through your muslim tinted glasses and see muslims as the good guys.

Whoa. I am not even a practicing Muslim, I have no bias towards any people based on race, religion or ethnicity

Yes you do. if you look at some of your posts about things concerning muslims/arabs you notice that you tend to take a pro-arab/muslim view. If you look at my posts you'd notice the same thing with a pro-christianity/us view. Everyone has bias.

UpstateNyZ24 wrote: The last part of your statement surprises me even more. "Good guys"? Do you want to tell me that these kids are not "good guys" in this video (I am strictly talking about THE kids who are running after him). What kind of word are you using to classify the different sides here...? I don't get it.

because you're incorrectly trying to apply my statements to this particular video. I was illustrating why you seem to be a target of others here that also see your views as pro-arab.

UpstateNyZ24 wrote:
Quote:

Many people here don't have your bias and some even have anti-muslim bias. I'm not saying either views is wrong or right

Of course they're wrong. Either bias is bad for discussion.

You really tend to focus on the wrong part of a statement. Views can be right or wrong regardless of bias. Just because someone is biased doesn't mean they are automatically wrong.

UpstateNyZ24 wrote:
Quote:

but many see your views as anti-american and this makes you somewhat of a target.

I understand this. But my statement about this soldier has nothing to do with "hating America". Like I said, I would have felt the same if this "soldier" was a U.N. Turkish peacekeeper. It is just disgraceful and inhumane, Karma will get him back I hope.

I just find it funny that people jump out and call me anti-American just because I negatively commented on an American soldier. I commented on his @!#$ personality, not the patch on his uniform.

How would you people have reacted if this "soldier" was molesting and raping a little kid in Iraq? Would you have wanted him dead? And if I said that I wished him death for it, would all of you have reacted the same way you did in this thread? Or would you have cut him some slack because he's an American soldier? Don't get offended, I'm just trying to figure things out...

If you're referring to me then you should reread my post. I wasn't calling you anti-american or cutting the soldier a little slack. If you look again you'll see that I agree with your views with the exception of hoping the soldiers get killed.
Sunday, November 26, 2006 8:36 AM on j-body.org
Labotomi:

I was not referring to you when I mentioned the anti-American thing. I was talking about a few other people that chose to call me that directly or indirectly. Those statements really point out the ignorance of some people.

I thought you were referring to the video in your statement, since this thread is about the video... My mistake.

Monday, November 27, 2006 4:24 PM on j-body.org
Pfft. You've only been called, "Anti-american" by the political wingnuts here. that's like getting a swat on the ass with saran wrap.

Call me when you're labelled "Home-grown Terrorist."

Jist remeber, War is an acronym. It stands for We Are Right.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, November 27, 2006 4:26 PM on j-body.org

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 10:59 AM on j-body.org
There's a joke in there.... A Commie-pinko Canuck, an Anti-American and a home-grown Terrorist walk into a bar....

I'm working on it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:16 AM on j-body.org
...but the part-time antichrist ducks it.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, November 28, 2006 1:12 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:There's a joke in there.... A Commie-pinko Canuck, an Anti-American and a home-grown Terrorist walk into a bar....

I'm working on it.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 6:27 PM on j-body.org
UpstateNyZ24 wrote:

Cocksucker. I hope he gets killed by an roadside bomb.

F#$k you you f%$D#$g a#$#*e, i bet you wouldnt f%$D#$g say that if one of your family members were in iraq. It was not nice and i wouldnt have done it but dont ever say you wish death upon someone. Karma is a bitch you f%$D#$g p#$$y...

Why are the moderators letting someone say @!#$ like that on this site... this is rediculus. I dont care if you dont agree with why we are there or if you think this was stupid or what not, but saying you wish someone death is just rediculous...

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 6:48 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

F#$k you you f%$D#$g a#$#*e, i bet you wouldnt f%$D#$g say that if one of your family members were in iraq.

Even if I did have family members in Iraq, none of them would be cruel enough to do such a stupid thing as the guy in the video did.

Besides, this "soldier" in the video would have nothing to do with soldiers I know that are in Iraq. I made a comment about one guy, why would he be connected to other soldiers in Iraq... You should be mad at him for doing such a stupid thing and distributing it (therefore causing future harm for soldiers in the area).

Go tell him to @!#$ off if you have family or friends in Iraq. His actions put your family members and friends in more danger than my virtual comments about ONE particular soldier.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 7:04 PM on j-body.org
ok...after taking some time off to think on the subject. let me start by saying, if I personally offended you upstate, im sorry, i was just heated in the moment. I get very angry when somenone wishes a roadside bomb on americans because thats a touchy subject to me......personal experiences, nothing i want to discuss here.

i understand you are upset at what this soldier did, but even you have to agree that your comment was made in anger and its irrational to wish death on a person for what he did in that case

see at first you came off as if you were upset at the whole military, and now its clear that your only angry at that one particular soldier, and thats fine, that joke was in very bad taste.....he shouldn't have done anything at all, because like I said, he's not even allowed (at least when I served in iraq) to give food or water to the locals, because it may accidentally display favoritism to the sunni or shiite muslims and thats bad, we want to be viewed as neutral. so the whole thing should have never happened, but it did, and pretty much all of us agree, even me, that the joke was in very poor taste and should never have been done, but to wish death on someone for that incident is insane at the least.

Hail Satan

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 7:17 PM on j-body.org

Hey man, no offense taken. I understand that you were heated in the moment, but you have to understand that I was in the moment also. 13 years ago I was one of those kids who was running after the soldiers hoping for a piece of candy or water. If someone would have done something like this to me as a kid, I would have wished some really bad things on him. How cruel can a person get? I don't care if you're the last soldier on earth fighting for my life, when you do something as cruel as this, you lose my respect as a human being.

I agree, my comment was irrational but it wasn't meant to offend any soldiers that are currently over there. You should be more offended by the guy's actions, but you're not. You can actually get more harm in the future because of this guy's "stunt."

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 7:46 PM on j-body.org
well, its not that im not offended. i think he should be ashamed of himself for doing that to the kids. personally when i was in iraq, i tried putting myself in the iraqis shoes, while at the same time watching out for my friends and my own safety. I would have never done such an act, nor would i have tolerated my crew to do the same act. its immoral, and cruel, but not illegal and not punishable. it takes a mean spirited person to do that, and i guess im not that mean to people who have done nothing to me.

so I guess we can pretty much agree that you didn't really mean he should die in a roadside bomb, but you do not respect him as a human being. if thats pretty much the case, then feel free to think that way, its a personal opinion. i just get riled up when people say they want our soldiers to die

Hail Satan

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 8:05 PM on j-body.org
What if I said that I wanted him to die for molesting a little Iraqi kid?

Would that be offensive to you?

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 3:25 AM on j-body.org
nope. because to me the moment you commit a criminal act like that, you are no longer a soldier, but a criminal, and the worst kind of criminal too....a soldier turned criminal

Hail Satan

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 3:05 PM on j-body.org
i dont care, dont wish death upon people, especially when its on those who are giving you the RIGHT to say the @!#$ you are saying...

Like i said, karma is a bitch and one day or another it will come around and bite you in the ass...
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 5:56 PM on j-body.org
Glad that you admit that your "pride" is more important than the military's overall safety.

You basically don't care about common sense but you care about principle.

I think karma will get the "soldier" from the video before it gets me. He was initiating something much more cruel, my actions were simple reactive words.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:15 PM on j-body.org
Harrison: Calm down. Read the whole thread before you fire off another post, and do not post pissed off.

Upstate/mike: Glad to see you two are civil again.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 7:42 PM on j-body.org
hey sometimes things get out of hand when 2 people are arguing 2 sides of the coin and both are fired up about thier point of view im sure you understand. its cool now, i think both of us realized we were just heated up at the first moment, then it kinda escalated from there

Hail Satan

Friday, December 01, 2006 7:03 PM on j-body.org
The water bottle thing was bad. I'm sorry to say that I laughed some. Just because HE didn't get the bottle. That reminded me of somthing I seen that pissed me off. I didn't wish death on the guy because of it but here's the thing...........There were kids on the highway when we rolled into Kirkuk at the start of the war. I threw out an MRE to them. Some FAT 30ish guy ran up and stole the MRE from the kids. I would like to beat the @!#$e out of him and the soldier who teased the kid. To me, both instances were the same thing. But I don't wish death on them.

Now for the soldiers that raped the girl and killed their family, I say an eye for an eye. Well not as far as killing the soldier's family but he should be raped then put to death. My opinion.

My friend in basic training was from Senegal, he was muslim. I had a friend from Albania, he was muslim.
And guess what I got black and mexican friends. Hell one of my best friends is from communist China. I'm not proving anything. Just throwing out the......well I got friends of such and such race and such and such country.

Yes it was cruel but can you say that NEVER in your life have you teased someone?

Saturday, December 02, 2006 6:37 AM on j-body.org
The difference: these guys are a wee bit older than when I did that (you'd think they'd know a little better), and I wasn't dangling a necessity of life in front of a kid who was sprinting after it.

Saturday, December 02, 2006 10:31 AM on j-body.org
(you'd think they'd know a little better),

Agreed but there are plenty of degenerates in the armed forces. And there are plenty in the Iraqi army. More than likely there are plenty of degenerates in ANY armed forces. It's just a fact of life. There are degenerates anywhere. It's too bad that we can't just gather up all the degenerates in the world, give them supplies for living, ship them to some totally blockaded country, and let them fend for themselves. Make a huge land area something like Alcatraz. Have guards posted all around the border so none can escape. And air drop their supplies into the area. And let them fight amongst themselves.

Saturday, December 02, 2006 5:38 PM on j-body.org
Why supply them with anything more nourishing than whiskey and PCP?

Just fence off a few rectangular states.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search