VET rips down flag - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: VET rips down flag
Saturday, October 13, 2007 6:55 PM on j-body.org
well of course we cant just go into a country and say "i wanna live here" lol.

ive actually been researching, and theres certain types of applications you can fill out (professional, skilled worker, etc,...) basically you need to prove that you arent some lowlife whos gonna go live off of the govt...

i think i can submit a professional application in a year or two

Sunday, October 14, 2007 12:22 AM on j-body.org
ignorance of the law is no excuse.

BUT

the flag code isn't actually a law. there are no consequences for breaking it.

BUT

if I were the vet, I would have done the same thing and called la migra.

AND

the federal government has not declared American English the official language.

BUT

27 states (including California, including California, including California) name American English as their official language (CA however will publish official docs in other languages, outside of their official American English)

Hawaii is officially bilingual, with Hawaiian and English
Louisiana is officially bilingual, with English and French (though, as a resident, cajun french sounds nothing like francais)
New Mexico is officially English with Spanish de facto.

also, as a side note, because a lot of people sympathize with immigrants because they have last names that sound similar to those of another country.

if you're not 1st generation american...get over yourself and your origin. you have no roots in those countries. going to mexico on vacation makes you as mexican as going to mcdonalds for lunch makes you a hamburger.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 12:31 AM on j-body.org
The problem with america is that they have no problem letting low lifes that are just going to live off the government in this country.

I'm never leaving... I'll stay and fight... even if it gets really bad.

Sometimes I wonder what It would be like to live in Australia though.

I've never been a racist pearson in my life... but.

I really dislike Somolians after working so close with them.... man the things I could tell you about. I still think not liking a certain group of people from a certain country isn't racism. I mean... if you don't like French people... your not considered racist.

Idk.. I guess it just boils down to the 2 types of people..

1. The ones that do everything they can to make life better for themselfs once they move to this country and do their best to blend in.

2. The type of people that just move hear for the free money, mooch off our government, look down on us, and think they are better, and just won't exept our ways.

I have no use for the latter of the 2.

Preserving your culture is one thing... but refusing to assimulate yourself into our society should be grounds for deportation.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 11:20 AM on j-body.org
I agree with what was said about some coming over to live off of the government. We definitely need tougher laws to stop that.

however, I dont agree with having to blend in... why should they have to blend in? as long as they come here, become hard workers, dont live off of welfare, and dont get into trouble with the law. why should they blend in? thats like sayinng we should all dress/act/talk the same, what ever happened to diversity?

let them play their mexican music, let arabs wear theyre turbans, who gives a @*&#? as long as theyre productive citizens, theyre OK in my book. same thing, who cares if they respect our flag or not? theyre not hurting you or me, so whats the problem?

Sunday, October 14, 2007 1:31 PM on j-body.org
Orlandomon wrote:let them play their mexican music, let arabs wear theyre turbans, who gives a @*&#? as long as theyre productive citizens, theyre OK in my book.

I agree, if they want to retain their culture, it's fine by me.

Orlandomon wrote:same thing, who cares if they respect our flag or not? theyre not hurting you or me, so whats the problem?

I don't agree with this though. Our flag represents our country. If you disrespect our flag, you're disrespecting our country. If you don't want to respect the country you're living in, you're free to leave.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 2:29 PM on j-body.org
Orlandomon wrote:let them play their mexican music, let arabs wear theyre turbans, who gives a @*&#? as long as theyre productive citizens, theyre OK in my book.

keep your culture....thats completely fine with me. hell, it adds flair to the landscape and collective culture. however, to be a PRODUCTIVE citizen like you say you promote, you have to be able to COMMUNICATE with the population at large. this is done through the medium of the ENGLISH LANGUAGE. you simply cannot argue that point.

orlandomon wrote:same thing, who cares if they respect our flag or not? theyre not hurting you or me, so whats the problem?

the problem is that they are here as guests. we, as a country, do not have to allow anyone to enter into our borders, to come here to live, to find this supposed "better life" that everyone seems to want so badly. so, quite simply, if someone doesnt like it here, then get the @!#$ out. that goes to the native population too, but most definitely applies to the emigrated people who come here OF THEIR OWN FREE CHOICE. i mean come on....if someone came into your house and started to disrespect your things, would you stand for it? no, youd tell them to leave.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 2:45 PM on j-body.org
Ron Carvalho wrote:

I agree, if they want to retain their culture, it's fine by me.

Orlandomon wrote:same thing, who cares if they respect our flag or not? theyre not hurting you or me, so whats the problem?

I don't agree with this though. Our flag represents our country. If you disrespect our flag, you're disrespecting our country. If you don't want to respect the country you're living in, you're free to leave.
Arabs don't wear turbans, they wear Koufi's Siekhs wear turbans

The flag is the symbol of the republic: By disrespecting the flag, you disrespect the republic. It's like someone keying your car, and try to not be pissed the f**k off because of it. .

KevinP:
I'm a 2nd Generation Irish Canadian, if I wear a kilt, are you telling me to get over myself? What about natives/aboriginals? Point of fact, holding your heiritage dear isn't a bad thing, and there's nothing wrong with calling yourself Irish American/African American or Irish Canadian or whatever. Keep your roots close.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 5:50 PM on j-body.org
well its not really the same thing as getting your car keyed. since you have to shell out $$$ to fix it and downtime. now if we compare it to someone flipping you off, or spreading rumors about u.... thats comparable. Personally, i wouldnt care. thats how i see it, as long as they dont hurt me physically/economically/etc it wont bother me, maybe thats why the flag isnt such a big deal to me...

Monday, October 15, 2007 3:12 PM on j-body.org
Well, some people have more invested in the flag and the republic than you do... I made the point about keying your car because it's something you value and that put work, time, effort and money into. Some people shed blood, sweat and tears and dedicate years of their life for their country (and get paid comparitively little for the sacrifice). Your car is something that is of little value to other people but its likely your treasure, some people feel that way about their country and their freedom. The comparison is perfectly equitable and apropos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 15, 2007 3:16 PM

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 5:39 AM on j-body.org
Orlandomon wrote:well its not really the same thing as getting your car keyed. since you have to shell out $$$ to fix it and downtime. now if we compare it to someone flipping you off, or spreading rumors about u.... thats comparable. Personally, i wouldnt care. thats how i see it, as long as they dont hurt me physically/economically/etc it wont bother me, maybe thats why the flag isnt such a big deal to me...
well suppose you have your car insured already including vandalism insurance. Then it doesn't cost you anything to fix. You even get a fresher paint job!! Hurray!! Now then is it ok for me to vandalize your car? Aren't you still gonna be a bit pissed once you come out of class/work/etc and find your car like that?! You're lying if you say no.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 2:51 PM on j-body.org
All I can say is I live in a state where we are inundated by illegals, and they are not too productive. Do I feel bad for people yeah sometimes, but I have been too many places and seen the ungrateful self gratifying clowns of the world. I will not support illegal immigration, I dont care if it is the hottest swedish chick on the planet, my family did it the right way, why dont you.
I apologize for skipping through the ignorance found on pages 2 and 3, but let me break it down. If you don't understand the whole flag thing do this
1. MAN UP AND JOIN THE MARINES
2. Go to another country and get shot at while being hotter than you ever felt possible
3. Let some immigrant assclown disrespect the country you live in and then say they have rights.

I bet you would support the Danbury 11 also (p.s. look it up and get back to us)

Friday, October 19, 2007 1:22 AM on j-body.org
The real problem that people are overlooking is that we don't need immigrants in this country anymore...

The more "foreigners" that come to this country... the worse off we are since there are already too many people here for us to worry about anyway.

It's not like it was back in the day when Elis Island was up and running..... we have enough dang people here already and we don't need more.

What I just said might sound racist and morally wrong... but it's true.

What people see as the morally right, or socially acceptable.... isn't always the correct thing that needs to be done. We need to worry about our own country first... and screw everyone else.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:10 PM on j-body.org
Orlandomon wrote:that vet was stupid. its just a freaking flag, how does that affect his daily life? it doesnt. I honestly didnt see the point of him doing that, what did he accomplish? nothing, I hope he gets charged with destruction of private property , and some sort of assault charge or harrasment against those guys, since he did challenge them to fight him, while he was holding a knife

You must not care for your country then.

1983 Camaro Z28
Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:38 PM on j-body.org
ling427ttvette wrote:
Orlandomon wrote:that vet was stupid. its just a freaking flag, how does that affect his daily life? it doesnt. I honestly didnt see the point of him doing that, what did he accomplish? nothing, I hope he gets charged with destruction of private property , and some sort of assault charge or harrasment against those guys, since he did challenge them to fight him, while he was holding a knife

You must not care for your country then.

He doesn't. He's already said that if there was a devil he would certainly be an American in another thread. He's also not willing to fight for what is right and would rather jump ship. The veteran is patriotic and brave, Orlandomon is the opposite. Thank goodness that the people who founded our GREAT nation weren't like him.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:49 PM on j-body.org
^ yea and last time i checked this topic wasnt about me...... your whole post revolved around me, pretty off topic and pointless.

ling427vette was not off topic, but u were

its not that i do not care about my country, its just that i dont make an idol out of it either, so the flag thing doesnt bother me....

anyway, im done with this thread before ppl try and turn it into a personal thing

Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:13 PM on j-body.org
I get upset when people disrespect the flag. I've already been to two military funerals this year. When you dedicate your life to serving in the military the flag means so much more when you wear the uniform. On POW/MIA day we post people at the flag pole for 24 hours to show they are not forgotten. Disrespecting the flag is disrespecting everyone that serves today and all that have sacrificed for it.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:59 PM on j-body.org
Orlandomon, before it goes that direction I want to clarify why I posted what I did and apologize.

Orlandomon wrote:^ yea and last time i checked this topic wasnt about me...... your whole post revolved around me, pretty off topic and pointless.

ling427vette was not off topic, but u were

My post was about the same thins as ling427vette's, your feelings towards your country. He was stating that you must not care about your country if you don't care about the flag that symbolizes it. I agree, to some extent, and I was quoting you to show that you don't care for America much. I mean, you are talking about leaving. Again, I understand your anger but disagree with you method of dealing with the problem. That said, it is certainly not my place to tell you what to do, but I'm just voicing my opinion. Opinions are like @!#$s. Everyone has one and most of them stink.

Orlandomon wrote:its not that i do not care about my country, its just that i dont make an idol out of it either, so the flag thing doesnt bother me....

I would like to believe you, it's just that the post's you make tend to disagree with that statement. I don't warship the flag, I don't even own one or anything that has one on it, but I do love what it stands for.

Orlandomon wrote:anyway, im done with this thread before ppl try and turn it into a personal thing

I stand by my opinion, that you don't like America much, but I still want to apologize. You may not be patriotic, but I should not have questioned your bravery or posted in the manner that I did. I did make my post into too much of an attack and I am sorry for that, it was not a mature thing to do. I should have just stated what I knew and asked you to clarify your position. Please accept my apology and don't let me(or the government) run you off. You might be more like the founding fathers than I like to admit. After all, they did what they did because they were not happy with their government.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 10:57 PM on j-body.org
^^ bingo!... lol

its all good

Saturday, October 27, 2007 6:58 AM on j-body.org
I'm not going to apologize for anything im about to say

go back to mexico you piece of @!#$ if you love it so much

dont wave your stupid gay mexico flags in this country they dont belong here, wave the flag of the US or none at all

and while your at it, speak english and that goes for all hispanics

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, October 28, 2007 1:52 PM on j-body.org
^^ while thats what alot of people would like...................... whether u like it or not, it is NEVER going to happen, before u know it........ spanish will be the 2nd official language, if not official, more people will speak it, even white americans who didnt speak it before.. dont believe me? just wait a couple of yrs

where i live, i see whites trying to speak spanish all the time...

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 8:00 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:I'm not going to apologize for anything im about to say

dont wave your stupid gay mexico flags in this country they dont belong here, wave the flag of the US or none at all

If anyone disagrees with any of that, they deserve to go to Mexico as well. I am with you 100% on that.

To add to this:

If you don't speak English, DON'T COME UP TO ME ASKING IF I SPEAK SPANISH. I am NOT going to learn Spanish to talk to mexicans in this country.

If I lived in Mexico, yes I would try to learn how to speak Spanish.. but, I don't live in Mexico.

1983 Camaro Z28

Saturday, November 10, 2007 11:09 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:I'm not going to apologize for anything im about to say

i <3 RP. have my babies

Saturday, November 10, 2007 12:47 PM on j-body.org
Orlandomon wrote:^^ while thats what alot of people would like...................... whether u like it or not, it is NEVER going to happen, before u know it........ spanish will be the 2nd official language, if not official, more people will speak it, even white americans who didnt speak it before.. dont believe me? just wait a couple of yrs

where i live, i see whites trying to speak spanish all the time...

the difference is that the white people you see trying to speak spanish is because they choose and want to learn it .. and those people only learn a few phrases and words . I would liek to knwo how to speak spanish too but there is one thing you misjudge about americans .. we are lazy LOL and the fact of the matter is no matter how much I want to learn spanish .. I never will ..again maybe a few phrases or words ... but that's it ..
if anyone wants anything or help from me they will have to ask in english or they will just get a shrug and a smile

Personally I think it's pathetically sad that you don't understand what the american flag stands for .. and no you don't truly understand otherwise you would not have made the comments you made ..

maybe you should go to another country ..

we dont want you here anyway
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 5:48 PM on j-body.org
Bryan wrote:there is one thing you misjudge about americans .. we are lazy LOL

Pfft... we're not lazy. We're just finished with everything

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search