Stupid redneckish conspiracy loving gun owners - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stupid redneckish conspiracy loving gun owners
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 4:26 PM on j-body.org
I went pistol shopping today for the first time + was astounded at the empty ammuniton shelves. Plenty of shotgun shells and .22, but crap both places had no 9mm, and only a couple boxes of any brand in .40 and .45. What in the world? Salespeople at both places said people are hoarding it for fear that our new Dear Leader, O.B.ama is going to tax it to death or ban it outright or some load of crap. They've had to put limits on how many boxes you can buy, because some of this morons would buy it all. Its like Y2k for these clowns all over again.

Still have to research the model, but I think I've settled on the Smith & Wesson Sigma Series .40 Lightweight, and the most perfect feel. Applying for my permit tomorrow.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: Stupid redneckish conspiracy loving gun owners
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:25 PM on j-body.org
Actually, the manufactures went on a "vacation" at the end of last year and have yet to catch back up on non-military ammunition. This information comes from a shop that has ammunition reps in fairly often.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:49 PM on j-body.org
some people I work with are saying the world is going to end in 2012 and that's why they're buying guns. There will be social breakdown and people will kill for a burger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:51 PM

"is not that I don't care, it is not my responsibility"
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:52 PM on j-body.org
or kill for food in general

"is not that I don't care, it is not my responsibility"
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:54 PM on j-body.org
Spoiler, I'm glad I don't work with people like that. (you don't work at an Army surplus store do you?)

If they are indeed on "vacation", then it would be to simply drive the demand/ price up. We're using fewer bullets in the military than we were 3 years ago, so...

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:57 PM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:some people I work with are saying the world is going to end in 2012 and that's why they're buying guns. There will be social breakdown and people will kill for a burger

And people wonder why Obama would want to stop the sales of firearms ammunitions LOL

------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:12 PM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:some people I work with are saying the world is going to end in 2012 and that's why they're buying guns. There will be social breakdown and people will kill for a burger

Theyre gonna feel real stupid when Jan 1 2013 rolls around.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 1:38 AM on j-body.org
Well, I actually like to "stock pile" extra ammo. It hasn't been just since the SAVIOR was elected either. Every time there is a sale on certain rounds I tend to buy as much as my budget will allow at the time. That can be anywhere from 50 bucks to $500.00. I guess I was raised different but this isn't uncommon for many people I know here in Texas. I can go through a brick of 7.62 X 39 easy in a saturday afternoon with a couple buddies. Same with .223 rounds. It's a hobby for some of us to shoot for fun. I am also an avid hunter so I keep hundreds of rounds of shotgun shells around for duck/goose season and dove. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS? I'm not hurting anyone. I don't have a "little black book" with names of people I hate. If something did happen though IMO it is better to be safe than sorry! BTW if you have a cheaper than dirt around you they have fantastic deals on military grade rounds if you buy in bulk. Remember 5.56 will shoot out of your mini's and ar's. Oh, and yes when conservation season opens no plugs and no limit!!! Needless to say we have three large capacity deep freezers packed with meat!
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 4:35 AM on j-body.org
Wiezer Walley wrote:Well, I actually like to "stock pile" extra ammo. It hasn't been just since the SAVIOR was elected either. Every time there is a sale on certain rounds I tend to buy as much as my budget will allow at the time. That can be anywhere from 50 bucks to $500.00. I guess I was raised different but this isn't uncommon for many people I know here in Texas. I can go through a brick of 7.62 X 39 easy in a saturday afternoon with a couple buddies. Same with .223 rounds. It's a hobby for some of us to shoot for fun. I am also an avid hunter so I keep hundreds of rounds of shotgun shells around for duck/goose season and dove. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS? I'm not hurting anyone. I don't have a "little black book" with names of people I hate. If something did happen though IMO it is better to be safe than sorry! BTW if you have a cheaper than dirt around you they have fantastic deals on military grade rounds if you buy in bulk. Remember 5.56 will shoot out of your mini's and ar's. Oh, and yes when conservation season opens no plugs and no limit!!! Needless to say we have three large capacity deep freezers packed with meat!

I'm with him. I own guns, I used to shoot alot and sometimes still do. When I feel like shooting, I don't want to have to go to the store to buy ammunition. I go in the basement and take what I need. When an opportunity comes by to get cheap ammunitions (price wise), I take it. I buy my .223 by the thousands but it doesn't make me a killer or a freak. Sometimes you need those ammunitions.

I love that little guy!!

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 5:17 AM on j-body.org
^^^word. I pick up my .223's in 1000 round bricks. Nothing wrong with being prepared. Plus I like to go shooting at least every other weekend.

I know alot of people i know think I'm crazy, but like I always tell them......."maybe I am crazy, but don't show up at my house when @!#$ breaks out looking for protection".

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:06 AM on j-body.org
i think the important thing we learned here is that some of the people above me apparently have horrible aim.

1 shot 1 kill fellas' lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:11 AM on j-body.org
Nah, I believe in 1 shot 1 kill, I just buy all the ammo so I can make sure I have enough to kill everyone if need be.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:26 AM on j-body.org
Wait what? Let me get this straight. The OP went to one store, saw empty ammo shelves, and got butt hurt because he couldnt buy any ammo for a gun he doesnt have? So now all of us who have more than 10 rounds for each gun are "Stupid redneckish conspiracy loving gun owners"?

sndsgood wrote:i think the important thing we learned here is that some of the people above me apparently have horrible aim.

You dont get that good without spending ALOT of time practicing.

lol at Obama being a "savior". Thanks, i needed a good laugh.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 11:18 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:i think the important thing we learned here is that some of the people above me apparently have horrible aim.

correct.....until there's hundreds of people looting your street/house. 1000 rounds, 1000 kills

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 11:35 AM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:

correct.....until there's hundreds of people looting your street/house. 1000 rounds, 1000 kills

The .458 will be good for more than 1 kill per shot as long as you get a few lined up.

I just did some "inventorying" and I need to buy some reloading equipment. Turns out I am out of most of my hunting loads. Factory loads dont shoot as well from most of my rifles, but will still do the job in a pinch.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 1:50 PM on j-body.org
come on guys your the nintendo generation, your aim should be dead on. u should be able to hold your guns sideways like true og thugs and shoot the bullets thru one guys neck and then into another. geez.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 1:55 PM on j-body.org
Not everyone grew up with a Nintendo.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 4:55 PM on j-body.org
Yes, redneckish conspiracy theorists. The guys at the counter said they haven't seen a run on ammo like this in a long long long time. So, its not just hobby shooters who like to have an ample supply. They both mentioned that they have several customers who constantly pester them for truck dates and bring their wife with them so she can get her ration. I used to go to gun stores and shows with my dad, when I was in high school, and there would be tables full of ammo of every type.

Go to Gander Mountain and Cabellas and see for yourself. I'm not just rambling.

So, Tinkles, in answer to your little snippet. Yep, pissed because the problem aint goin away by this Saturday when i pick mine up. I'll be right there with the other aggravated customers looking for just one box of a particular round and not finding it anywhere, but at a private shop where the goon has the price marked up 20%.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 5:50 PM on j-body.org
Some of you would love claymores!

there fun!

I love my 5.56!

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 6:03 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:1 shot 1 kill fellas' lol

Some of us get it naturally. I don't really worry about getting low on ammo... I reload my own bullets.

Friday, April 03, 2009 4:34 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Yes, redneckish conspiracy theorists. The guys at the counter said they haven't seen a run on ammo like this in a long long long time. So, its not just hobby shooters who like to have an ample supply. They both mentioned that they have several customers who constantly pester them for truck dates and bring their wife with them so she can get her ration. I used to go to gun stores and shows with my dad, when I was in high school, and there would be tables full of ammo of every type.

Go to Gander Mountain and Cabellas and see for yourself. I'm not just rambling.

So, Tinkles, in answer to your little snippet. Yep, pissed because the problem aint goin away by this Saturday when i pick mine up. I'll be right there with the other aggravated customers looking for just one box of a particular round and not finding it anywhere, but at a private shop where the goon has the price marked up 20%.

Pot meet kettle.

All im getting is that you're selfish and you want ONE PRIVATE gun shop to cater to you. Go to gander mountian or cabalas to buy the ammo. Hell even go to walmart.

/thread.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Friday, April 03, 2009 8:40 AM on j-body.org
Well, Tinkles, then you're not just getting much of anything. I don't want the private gunstore guy to cater to ME. That implies that I think he should just cut me a deal, but be unfair to everyone else.

If O.B.ama decided to explore the idea of taxing the snot out of future turbo charger production, and hotrodders, performance shops started hoarding them to where you couldn't hardly find them anymore, and when you did, the price was way up....same concpet. Casual car guys would be pissed off.

I realize this is an analogy + may be difficult for you to grasp, so if it is, that's ok.

Eventually, the hysteria will fade, but for now, I hope none of these buffoons houses catch fire.

Friday, April 03, 2009 8:46 AM on j-body.org
So because people are buying up the ammo, they are "buffoons"?

Yet you're trying to purchase a gun and ammo?

Is this what you are trying to get across?

Friday, April 03, 2009 10:59 AM on j-body.org
So we like to stock up? I dont have stock piles and stock piles of ammo, because i reload most all my ammo (why pay twice of much when i can make a better round myself?) But, I would if i had to. There not all nuts, you don't think its possible for guns to be banned? You don't think its possible they may start taxing are guns and ammo heavily? Get real

Friday, April 03, 2009 8:04 PM on j-body.org
OMG... peopel are not buffoons for buying extra ammo. Not even for stocking up. I'm talking about stockpiling and hoarding in case the A-Rabs come marching down the street, or in case the government tries some Ruby Ridge BS on my property...tell you what.

Been reading more in gun mags, and found an article that stated one manufacturer is limited deliveries for various reasons...among them hoarding.

Some ammo tax bill was killed in CA recently, which would have taxed EACH ROUND by ten cents.....even rimfires. Gun lobby helped kill it, but yes there is always the threat of sin-taxing bullets.

All bullet manufacturers are reporting a 100+% spike in bullet sales/ orders since the "historic" November election. With a one party, notoriously anti gun speaker and mealy mouthed, two-talking president...more of that crap could be on the way.

I get the hysteria....it just pisses me off though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search